It doesn’t matter if it’s for your specific security, for roadworthiness tests or to avoid a fine, ensuring your headlamp bulbs are constantly operational is fundamental. Indeed, bulbs are wearing parts that will obviously burn out after awhile and as a consequence need to be replaced. You’re almost certainly in this article because one of your parking lights is burnt out and you’re worried about how to change your Chevrolet Express’s license plate bulb, we’ve made this content to help you do it on your own and not have to go to your mechanic. Firstly, we will examine changing the license plate bulb from the outside, secondly, how to replace the license plate bulb without outside access, and thirdly, how to replace the rear license plate bulb of your Chevrolet Express.
How to swap the license plate bulb on your Chevrolet Express throughout the outside
This process is the easiest of the two, in truth, for this one you will simply require to remove the protective covers of the bulbs. Sadly on some years or packages of car these covers do not open from the outside and if this is the situation we will spend some time on in the second section of this document to show you the approach.
So let’s start with swapping the number plate bulb by going through the outside of your Chevrolet Express. It doesn’t matter if it’s the front or the back of your motor vehicle the method will be identical.
Here are a few simple steps to stick to to execute this service:
- With the engine turned off, unplug the battery terminals from your car
- Face your license plate and use a flat screwdriver or knife to insert the flat part into the notch assigned for this goal (usually on the transparent cover) and lever on the plastic window to open the license plate bulb slot of your Chevrolet Express
- Use your screwdriver or knife to eject the bulb from its spot, in the event you are scared of destroying something, you can as well do it with your fingers.
- Finally, put the new license plate light bulb
- Last step, before reassembling, reconnect your battery and verify the light to confirm the achievement of the operation.
How to replace the number plate bulb on your Chevrolet Express without outside access
Second section of our content page, replace this license plate bulb on your Chevrolet Express without external access. Most often you will be able to access it, nevertheless some series (often at the rear does not allow this access).
How to swap the front license plate bulb on my Chevrolet Express
To swap the one on the front plate, nothing could be simpler, you will have to put yourself under the motor vehicle (ideally put on candles to give you some space), and, going through the rear of the bumper, you will have to unclip the license plate bulb block, usually held by two soft plastic tabs by pressing on both at the same time, then right after you have your license plate bulb block in hand, Take away the plastic that operates as a seal, then with a thin screwdriver, on one side you will find a small notch, use a lever to open the plastic cover (be careful not to put in too much pressure or you will break the plastic cover), and you will just have to remove the burnt-out license plate bulb and swap it with the new , then test and reassemble the whole thing.
How to swap the rear license plate bulb on my Chevrolet Express
Finally last option, you must swap the bulb on the backplate of your Chevrolet Express, but you simply cannot open the cover from the outside of your motor vehicle. In such a case, here is the technique to accomplish this task:
- Disconnect the battery from your Chevrolet Express
- Find the spot of your light bulbs from the outside.
- From the inside of the trunk, you have to remove the lining of the trunk, held by clips, you will have to lever delicately on all the frame of the trunk to remove it.
- Once established, before removing the bulb holders, unplug the holders for less complicated access.
- Using a screwdriver, lever the two plastic parts to remove the bulb holder
- Replace the burnt-out license plate bulb on your Chevrolet Express, verify it and reassemble it, watching the clips on the trunk liner
There you have it, you have discovered the main tactics for swapping license plate bulbs on your car, remember that on some models the technique may be a bit different but you should be able to do it following the outline of this document. If you can’t do it, don’t hesitate to go to your garage it would be a shame to break a part of your Chevrolet Express. If you need to change other bulbs like the position light bulbs on your Chevrolet Express or the low beam bulbs on Chevrolet Express, don’t hesitate to browse our content articles which demonstrate you the procedure to follow.
To discover more tips on the Chevrolet Express, take a look at the Chevrolet Express category.