Regardless whether it’s for your specific safety, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, being certain your headlamp bulbs are all the time functioning is necessary. In fact, bulbs are wearing auto parts that will predictably burn out after some time and consequently need to be swapped out. You’re most likely here because one of your parking lights is burnt out and you’re worried about how to change your Chevrolet Equinox’s license plate bulb, we’ve made this article to help you do it without any help and not have to go to your mechanic. Firstly, we will examine changing the license plate bulb from the outside, secondly, how to replace the license plate bulb without outside access, and thirdly, how to replace the rear license plate bulb of your Chevrolet Equinox.
How to change the license plate bulb on your Chevrolet Equinox through the outside
This option is the most simple of the two, actually, for this one you will only need to remove the protective covers of the bulbs. Sadly on some years or packages of car these covers do not open from the outside and if this is the case we will take a moment on in the second part of this article to teach you the approach.
So let’s start with changing the number plate bulb by going through the outside of your Chevrolet Equinox. Regardless whether it’s the front or the back of your car the technique will be the same.
Here are a few simple steps to stick to to execute this service:
- With the engine turned off, disconnect the battery terminals from your car
- Face your license plate and use a flat screwdriver or knife to place the flat part into the notch provided for this intent (commonly on the transparent cover) and lever on the plastic window to open the license plate bulb slot of your Chevrolet Equinox
- Use your screwdriver or knife to eject the bulb from its spot, in the event you are afraid of breaking a thing, you can as well do it with your fingers.
- Finally, position the new license plate light bulb
- Last stage, before reassembling, reconnect your battery and test the light to confirm the success of the task.
How to change the number plate bulb on your Chevrolet Equinox without outside access
Second part of our content page, swap this license plate bulb on your Chevrolet Equinox without external access. Generally you will be able to access it, but some series (often at the rear does not allow this access).
How to change the front license plate bulb on my Chevrolet Equinox
To change the one on the front plate, nothing could be simpler, you will have to position yourself under the car (preferably put on candles to give you some space), and, going through the rear of the bumper, you will have to unclip the license plate bulb block, commonly kept by two soft plastic tabs by pressing on both at the same time, then now that you have your license plate bulb block in hand, Take off the plastic that operates as a seal, then with a thin screwdriver, on one side you will find a small notch, use a lever to open the plastic cover (be careful not to apply too much force or you will break the plastic cover), and you will just have to remove the burnt-out license plate bulb and replace it with the new , then verify and reassemble the whole thing.
How to change the rear license plate bulb on my Chevrolet Equinox
Finally last solution, you must change the bulb on the backplate of your Chevrolet Equinox, but you are not able to open the cover from the outside of your car. In such a case, here is the process to perform this operation:
- Unplug the battery from your Chevrolet Equinox
- Find the position of your light bulbs from the outside.
- From the inside of the trunk, you have to remove the lining of the trunk, kept by clips, you will have to lever delicately on all the frame of the trunk to remove it.
- Once located, before removing the bulb holders, disconnect the holders for much easier access.
- Using a screwdriver, lever the two plastic parts to remove the bulb holder
- Change the burnt-out license plate bulb on your Chevrolet Equinox, test it and reassemble it, paying attention to the clips on the trunk liner
There you have it, you have learned the main approaches for changing license plate bulbs on your car, remember that on some models the method may be a bit different but you should be able to accomplish it following the explanation of this content page. If you can’t do it, don’t hesitate to go to your workshop it would be a shame to break a part of your Chevrolet Equinox. If you wish to change other bulbs like the position light bulbs on your Chevrolet Equinox or the low beam bulbs on Chevrolet Equinox, don’t hesitate to read our articles which demonstrate you the operation to follow.
If you want more guides on the Chevrolet Equinox, go to our Chevrolet Equinox category.