Regardless it’s for your own personal security, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, being certain your headlamp bulbs are all the time operational is extremely important. In reality, bulbs are wearing auto parts that will undoubtedly burn out with time and as a consequence need to be changed. You’re perhaps on this site because one of your parking lights is burnt out and you’re struggling with how to change your Buick Encore’s license plate bulb, we’ve made this article content to help you do it on your own and not have to go to your motor mechanic. Firstly, we will examine changing the license plate bulb from the outside, secondly, how to change the license plate bulb without outside access, and thirdly, how to change the rear license plate bulb of your Buick Encore.
How to replace the license plate bulb on your Buick Encore throughout the outside
This technique is the easiest of the two, actually, for this one you will simply require to take out the protective covers of the bulbs. Regrettably on some years or packages of car these covers do not open from the outside and if this is the case we will spend a moment on in the second section of this document to teach you the method.
So let’s begin with replacing the number plate bulb by going through the outside of your Buick Encore. Regardless it’s the front or the back of your vehicle the technique will be similar.
Here are a few simple actions to follow to perform this maintenance tasks:
- With the engine off, disconnect the battery terminals from your car
- Face your license plate and use a flat screwdriver or knife to insert the flat part into the notch assigned for this goal (in general on the transparent cover) and lever on the plastic window to open the license plate bulb slot of your Buick Encore
- Use your screwdriver or knife to eject the bulb from its location, if you are scared of destroying something, you can as well do it with your fingers.
- Finally, position the new license plate light bulb
- Last stage, before reassembling, reconnect your battery and test the light to validate the achievement of the operation.
How to change the number plate bulb on your Buick Encore without outside access
Second section of our document, swap this license plate bulb on your Buick Encore without external access. Generally you will be able to access it, nevertheless some series (often at the rear does not allow this access).
How to replace the front license plate bulb on my Buick Encore
To replace the one on the front plate, nothing could be less complicated, you will have to position yourself under the vehicle (ideally placed on candles to give you some space), and, going through the rear of the bumper, you will have to unclip the license plate bulb block, in general held by two soft plastic tabs by pressing on both at once, then now that you have your license plate bulb block in hand, Take out the plastic that acts as a seal, then with a thin screwdriver, on one side you will find a small notch, use a lever to open the plastic cover (be attentive not to apply too much force or you will break the plastic cover), and you will only have to take out the burnt-out license plate bulb and change it with the new , then test and reassemble the whole thing.
How to replace the rear license plate bulb on my Buick Encore
Finally last solution, you must replace the bulb on the backplate of your Buick Encore, but you cannot open the cover from the outside of your vehicle. In this case, here is the tactic to perform this operation:
- Unplug the battery from your Buick Encore
- Locate the position of your light bulbs from the outside.
- From the inside of the trunk, you have to remove the lining of the trunk, held by clips, you will have to lever delicately on all the frame of the trunk to remove it.
- Once established, before removing the bulb holders, disconnect the holders for less difficult access.
- Using a screwdriver, lever the two plastic parts to remove the bulb holder
- Change the burnt-out license plate bulb on your Buick Encore, test it and reassemble it, watching the clips on the trunk liner
There you have it, you have found out the main methods for replacing license plate bulbs on your car, remember that on some models the method may be a bit different but you should be able to accomplish it following the outline of this article content. If you can’t do it, don’t hesitate to go to your garage area it would be a shame to break a part of your Buick Encore. If you wish to change other bulbs like the position light bulbs on your Buick Encore or the low beam bulbs on Buick Encore, don’t hesitate to read our content articles which explain you the procedure to follow.
To get more tips on the Buick Encore, take a look at the Buick Encore category.