Some routine service actions such as changing the engine unit oil might seem obvious and important, although others such as changing the gearbox oil from its Nissan Versa may appear to be less natural. However, make no mistake, changing the gearbox is just as essential as changing the engine unit oil. This article content will explain the role of the gearbox oil, then, why it is important to replace the gearbox of your Nissan Versa, and at last, how to replace the gearbox oil of a Nissan Versa .
Purpose of gearbox oil on a Nissan Versa
So we begin our article content with the role of gearbox oil on a Nissan Versa. The objective of this short introduction is to make you understand the benefit of this fluid which ensures the good performance of your motor vehicle. The gearbox of your car has the objective to demultiply the power transferred by the engine unit and send it back to your wheels . It is done up of pinions and gears that will allow the wheels to rotate at different speeds depending on the curves and the gear engaged. It will operate with the help of an axle and a differential. All these parts will need to be firmly lubricate to action correctly, limit friction and tolerate the high temperatures generated by the engine unit and friction. Your transmission oil has a high viscosity and will prevent the formation of filings or gear breakage, so it is important to the correct functioning of the gearbox.
Why replacing the gearbox oil from a Nissan Versa?
Now we’ll discover what’s the point of draining the gearbox oil of your Nissan Versa?
Interest of gearbox oil changing Nissan Versa
There are several interests to replace the gearbox of your motor vehicle frequently, we will list them and detail them below:
- With time, the oil will lose its viscosity because of friction and temperature rise, which will lead to less lubrication of the gears and pinions and therefore risk to break some of them.
- Same as viscosity, time and temperature rise will reduce the oil resistance to the engine unit temperature, So it will fluidize much more easily when the engine heats up, which is not good for your gearbox.
- Accumulation of metallic residues: Finally, regardless if you always have a quality oil, a gearbox is an component that wears out and produces iron filings with friction, the oil will pick them up and if it builds up too much these residues can get into gears and break them.
When to do the gearbox oil replace on a Nissan Versa?
If you want to do an automatic or manual gearbox oil change on Nissan Versa or strong> the process is not the same, nevertheless, dealers do not give mileage suggestions to replace the oil in your gearbox, nevertheless when you do an intervention on the gearbox it is beneficial to replace it, in any other case here are the factors to make you take into consideration doing this oil replace.
Oil replace for manual gearbox Nissan Versa
- Gears are jumping: you are likely missing oil and you may have a gearbox oil leak, please discover our content on gearbox leaks on Nissan Versa for more information.
- The gearbox cracks when you change gears: The oil has undoubtedly lost viscosity and is too fluid, so the gears get stuck.
- Difficulty to shift gears: Same problem as just before, the oil is undoubtedly too fluid.
Automatic gearbox oil replace
- A slow begin from the neutral position to the first one: often a viscosity problem.
- Difficulty or even impossibility to shift gears: Lack of oil
How to replace gearbox oil of a Nissan Versa?
At last, to end this content, we will explain you how to empty the gearbox oil of your Nissan Versa , it’s much easier than you might presume, here are the few steps to follow to do it correctly:
- Heat your Nissan Versa for about 10 minutes to get a fluid oil, place it flat on 4 stands.
- Install a drain pan under the drain plug, open it, and clean it well because it will likely collect filings.
- Let all the oil run out until it’s all gone.
- Change and tighten the cap, then fill with a syringe through the filler cap with the manufacturer’s recommended dose
To get more tips on the Nissan Versa, take a look at the Nissan Versa category.