Some routine service actions such as changing the engine unit oil might seem obvious and essential, although others such as changing the gearbox oil from its Chrysler 300 may seem to be less natural. Nevertheless, make no mistake, changing the gearbox is just as important as changing the engine unit oil. This guideline will show you the purpose of the gearbox oil, then, why it is vital to replace the gearbox of your Chrysler 300, and finally, how to replace the gearbox oil of a Chrysler 300 .
Role of gearbox oil on a Chrysler 300
So we start our guideline with the purpose of gearbox oil on a Chrysler 300. The objective of this short introduction is to make you understand the interest of this fluid which ensures the good performing of your motor vehicle. The gearbox of your car has the objective to demultiply the power transmitted by the engine unit and send it back to your wheels . It is made up of pinions and gears that will allow the wheels to rotate at different speeds depending on the curves and the gear engaged. It will operate with the help of an axle and a differential. All these auto parts will need to be strongly lubricate to action accurately, limit friction and tolerate the high temperatures built by the engine unit and friction. Your transmission oil has a high viscosity and will prevent the formation of filings or gear breakage, so it is important to the correct performing of the gearbox.
Why replacing the gearbox oil from a Chrysler 300?
Now we’ll discover what’s the point of draining the gearbox oil of your Chrysler 300?
Benefit of gearbox oil changing Chrysler 300
There are several concerns to replace the gearbox of your motor vehicle repeatedly, we will list them and outline them below:
- With time, the oil will lose its viscosity because of friction and temperature rise, which will lead to less lubrication of the gears and pinions and therefore risk to break some of them.
- Same as viscosity, time and temperature rise will decrease the oil resistance to the engine unit temperature, So it will fluidize much more easily when the engine heats up, which is not good for your gearbox.
- Accumulation of metallic residues: Finally, even if you constantly have a quality oil, a gearbox is an component that wears out and creates iron filings with friction, the oil will pick them up and if it builds up too much these residues can get into gears and break them.
When to do the gearbox oil replace on a Chrysler 300?
If you want to do an automatic or manual gearbox oil change on Chrysler 300 or strong> the process is not the same, however, dealers do not give mileage recommendations to replace the oil in your gearbox, nevertheless when you do an intervention on the gearbox it is wise to replace it, in any other case here are the factors to make you take into consideration doing this oil replace.
Oil replace for manual gearbox Chrysler 300
- Gears are jumping: you are likely missing oil and you may possibly have a gearbox oil leak, please discover our article on gearbox leaks on Chrysler 300 for more information.
- The gearbox cracks when you switch gears: The oil has undoubtedly lost viscosity and is too fluid, so the gears get stuck.
- Difficulty to shift gears: Same issue as just before, the oil is obviously too fluid.
Automatic gearbox oil replace
- A slow start from the neutral position to the first one: often a viscosity issue.
- Difficulty or even impossibility to shift gears: Lack of oil
How to replace gearbox oil of a Chrysler 300?
Finally, to conclude this article, we will show you you how to empty the gearbox oil of your Chrysler 300 , it’s much easier than you might think, here are the few actions to follow to do it accurately:
- Heat your Chrysler 300 for about 10 minutes to get a fluid oil, place it flat on 4 stands.
- Install a drain pan under the drain plug, open it, and clean it well because it will likely gather filings.
- Let all the oil run out until it’s all gone.
- Change and tighten the cap, then fill with a syringe through the filler cap with the manufacturer’s recommended dose
If you need more tutorials on the Chrysler 300, go to our Chrysler 300 category.