It doesn’t matter if for your own security, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, making sure your turn signal bulbs are always functioning is very important. In fact, bulbs are wearing parts that will obviously burn out in the future and therefore need to be swapped out. You’re probably on this website because one of your front turn signals is burnt out and you’re wondering how to change the bulb of a front turn signal on your Volvo XC90, we’ve made this content page to help you do it alone and independently and not have to go to your technician. In a first step, we will take a look at controling a burnt-out front turn signal bulb on your Volvo XC90 and in a second step, how to change the front turn signal bulb on your car..
How to find out if the front turn signal bulb on your Volvo XC90 is burnt out or needs to be changed?
When you drive your automobile you don’t constantly have the possibility to examine all the security components of your Volvo XC90. In fact, you are in many cases in a rush and tend to enter into your automobile, make your journey and put it down right away without taking the time to do an regular check-up. It is consequently essential to take the time to sometimes examine the state of your headlights and turn signals. It’s quite possible that you have a front turn signal on your Volvo XC90, but that you didn’t detect it. Here are the two simple methods to examine if a front turn signal is burnt out or if you need to swap it promptly:
- When you stop, turn on the ignition on your car, then alternately turn on your left and right front turn signals and get out of the car to examine that they are operational.
- By hearing to the sound of your blinkers. In fact, there is an audible indicator on each car that informs you of a front turn indicator bulb burnt out on your Volvo XC90, you will identify that the time between each “click” is much closer, this means that you will have to change the front turn signal bulb or before. It’s up to you to examine and examine which one is burnt out by a visual examine as on the first solution shown previously.
You may have an additional bulb to swap, like the one of your low beam or your position lights, don’t hesitate to consult our blog posts to help you to perform this substitution.
Replacing the front turn signal bulb on your Volvo XC90
Now let’s go to the main step of this content page, how to change the front turn signal bulb of your Volvo XC90? Please note that this operation is uncomplicated, you will require to access, from the inside of your bonnet, through the wheel arch, or through your bumper to your headlight unit, open it and change the burnt out front turn signal bulb of your Volvo XC90. If it is a bulb on your rear turn signal, see our specific content page. On the other hand, here are the details of the steps to follow to be able to carry out this action correctly depending on the method you desire to choose.
Change front turn signal bulb on your Volvo XC90 through the bonnet:
- Open your bonnet and clear access to your headlight pods.
- Use a torx tip to open the headlight unit on your car
- Unscrew the front turn signal bulb from your car by turning it a quarter turn counterclockwise
- Replace the front flasher bulb of your Volvo XC90 by the new one (ensure to examine if it’s an orange or transparent bulb).
- Reassemble and test that the brand-new front turn signal bulb works.
- Lift your car, and take away the front wheel on the side you want to operate on.
- Take out your wheel arch with a torx bit.
- Go to your headlamp block and swap the front turn signal bulb on your car following the same simple steps as on the part previously seen.
- Put your Volvo XC90 on a jack or a candle.
- Remove the screws of the motor shoe of your car(plastic part under your motor) and your shock absorber. Be cautious with the plastic staples which can be vulnerable.
- Remove your headlight block and swap the front turn indicator bulb of your Volvo XC90 following the steps seen in the parts seen earlier.
- Put the whole thing back together again.
Change the front turn signal bulb of your Volvo XC90 through the wheel arch:
This process is in particular useful when you don’t have enough space in the bonnet to access the front turn signal on your car:
Change the front turn signal bulb of your Volvo XC90 through the bumper:
On some years or finishes, depending on the options the only simple access you will have to swap the front turn signal bulb of your car will be to pass under your front bumper, there are only a few steps that change from the full process, we will explain them right now:
To find more tips on the Volvo XC90, take a look at the Volvo XC90 category.