Regardless for your personal security, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, ensuring your turn signal bulbs are always working is very important. Indeed, bulbs are wearing parts that will predictably burn out after some time and therefore need to be swapped out. You’re most certainly on the website because one of your front turn signals is burnt out and you’re questioning how to change the bulb of a front turn signal on your Volkswagen Routan, we’ve written this document to help you do it without help and not have to go to your auto mechanic. In a first part, we will examine the checking a burnt-out front turn signal bulb on your Volkswagen Routan and in a second part, how to change the front turn signal bulb on your car..
How to recognize if the front turn signal bulb on your Volkswagen Routan is burnt out or needs to be changed?
When you drive your vehicle you don’t constantly have the possibility to examine all the security features of your Volkswagen Routan. Indeed, you are often times in a rush and tend to get into your vehicle, make your trip and put it down immediately without taking the time to do an unexpected check-up. It is as a consequence fundamental to take the time to once in a while examine the condition of your headlights and turn signals. It’s quite possible that you have a front turn signal on your Volkswagen Routan, but that you didn’t realize it. Here are the two simple ways to control if a front turn signal is burnt out or if you need to change it promptly:
- When you stop, turn on the ignition on your car, then alternately turn on your left and right front turn signals and get out of the car to control that they are functioning.
- By hearing to the sound of your blinkers. Indeed, there is an audible indication on each car that alerts you of a front turn indicator bulb burnt out on your Volkswagen Routan, you will recognise that the time between each “click” is much shorter, this suggests that you will have to swap the front turn signal bulb or before. It’s up to you to examine and check which one is burnt out by a visual control as on the first solution shown previously.
You may have an additional bulb to change, like the one of your low beam or your position lights, don’t hesitate to consult our content articles to help you to do this replacing.
Replacing the front turn signal bulb on your Volkswagen Routan
Now let’s go to the most essential part of this document, how to change the front turn signal bulb of your Volkswagen Routan? Take note that this procedure is very simple, you will have to access, from the inside of your bonnet, through the wheel arch, or simply by your bumper to your headlight unit, open it and change the burnt out front turn signal bulb of your Volkswagen Routan. If it is a bulb on your rear turn signal, see our dedicated document. On the other hand, here are the details of the actions to stick to to be able to accomplish this action properly depending on the approach you desire to choose.
Change front turn signal bulb on your Volkswagen Routan through the bonnet:
- Open your bonnet and clear access to your headlight pods.
- Use a torx tip to open the headlight unit on your car
- Unscrew the front turn signal bulb from your car by turning it a quarter turn counterclockwise
- Replace the front flasher bulb of your Volkswagen Routan by the new one (make certain to examine if it’s an orange or transparent bulb).
- Reassemble and check that the brand-new front turn signal bulb works.
- Lift your car, and remove the front wheel on the side you want to operate on.
- Take out your wheel arch with a torx bit.
- Go to your headlamp block and change the front turn signal bulb on your car following the same guidelines as on the part previously seen.
- Put your Volkswagen Routan on a jack or a candle.
- Remove the screws of the motor shoe of your car(plastic part under your motor) and your shock absorber. Be cautious with the plastic staples which can be breakable.
- Take away your headlight block and change the front turn indicator bulb of your Volkswagen Routan following the steps seen in the parts seen previously.
- Put the whole thing back together again.
Change the front turn signal bulb of your Volkswagen Routan through the wheel arch:
This solution is specially practical when you don’t have enough space in the hood to access the front turn signal on your car:
Replace the front turn signal bulb of your Volkswagen Routan through the bumper:
On some years or finishes, depending on the options the only simple access you will have to change the front turn signal bulb of your car will be to pass under your front bumper, there are only a few steps that change from the full process, we will explain them now:
If you wish more tutorials on the Volkswagen Routan, go to our Volkswagen Routan category.