Whether for your own security, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, being sure your turn signal bulbs are always functional is extremely important. Indeed, bulbs are wearing parts that will undoubtedly burn out over time and consequently need to be changed. You’re quite likely here because one of your front turn signals is burnt out and you’re questioning how to change the bulb of a front turn signal on your Volkswagen Rabbit, we’ve written this article content to help you do it without hiring somebody and not have to go to your repair shop. In a first section, we will examine the checking a burnt-out front turn signal bulb on your Volkswagen Rabbit and in a second section, how to change the front turn signal bulb on your car..
How to know if the front turn signal bulb on your Volkswagen Rabbit is burnt out or needs to be replaced?
When you drive your car you don’t always have the possibility to examine all the security equipments of your Volkswagen Rabbit. Indeed, you are often times in a rush and tend to enter into your car, make your trip and put it down instantly without taking the time to do an regular check-up. It is as a result relevant to take the time to occasionally examine the condition of your headlights and turn signals. It’s quite possible that you have a front turn signal on your Volkswagen Rabbit, but that you didn’t notice it. Here are the two simple methods to control if a front turn signal is burnt out or if you need to change it fairly quickly:
- When you stop, turn on the ignition on your car, then alternately turn on your left and right front turn signals and get out of the car to control that they are functioning.
- By listening to the sound of your blinkers. Indeed, there is an audible signal on each car that warns you of a front turn indicator bulb burnt out on your Volkswagen Rabbit, you will perceive that the time between each “click” is much closer, this means that you will have to replace the front turn signal bulb or before. It’s up to you to examine and check which one is burnt out by a visual control as on the first solution shown earlier mentioned.
You may have another bulb to change, like the one of your low beam or your position lights, don’t hesitate to read our blog posts to help you to perform this substitution.
Changing the front turn signal bulb on your Volkswagen Rabbit
Now let’s go to the most important section of this article content, how to replace the front turn signal bulb of your Volkswagen Rabbit? Please note that this technique is fairly simple, you will have to access, from the inside of your bonnet, through the wheel arch, or through your bumper to your headlight unit, open it and replace the burnt out front turn signal bulb of your Volkswagen Rabbit. If it is a bulb on your rear turn signal, see our dedicated article content. However, here are the details of the steps to stick to in order to execute this action efficiently according to the technique you desire to adopt.
Replace front turn signal bulb on your Volkswagen Rabbit through the bonnet:
- Open your bonnet and clear access to your headlight pods.
- Use a torx tip to open the headlight unit on your car
- Unscrew the front turn signal bulb from your car by turning it a quarter turn counterclockwise
- Replace the front flasher bulb of your Volkswagen Rabbit by the new one (make certain to examine if it’s an orange or transparent bulb).
- Reassemble and test that the brand-new front turn signal bulb is effective.
- Lift your car, and take out the front wheel on the side you want to work on.
- Take out your wheel arch with a torx bit.
- Go to your headlamp block and change the front turn signal bulb on your car following the same steps as on the part previously seen.
- Put your Volkswagen Rabbit on a jack or a candle.
- Remove the screws of the motor shoe of your car(plastic part under your motor) and your shock absorber. Be careful with the plastic staples which can be delicate.
- Take out your headlight block and change the front turn indicator bulb of your Volkswagen Rabbit following the steps seen in the parts seen previously.
- Put the whole thing back together again.
Replace the front turn signal bulb of your Volkswagen Rabbit through the wheel arch:
This process is particularly valuable when you don’t have enough space in the hood to access the front turn signal on your car:
Change the front turn signal bulb of your Volkswagen Rabbit through the bumper:
On some years or finishes, according to the options the only simple access you will have to change the front turn signal bulb of your car will be to pass under your front bumper, there are only a few steps that change from the full procedure, we will point them right now:
Whenever you have any further questions about the Volkswagen Rabbit, do not hesitate to consult our Volkswagen Rabbit category.