It doesn’t matter if for your own security, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, being certain your turn signal bulbs are always working is important. Indeed, bulbs are wearing parts that will undoubtedly burn out with time and as a result need to be swapped out. You’re perhaps on this site because one of your front turn signals is burnt out and you’re questioning how to change the bulb of a front turn signal on your Volkswagen Polo, we’ve made this article to help you do it without help and not have to go to your repair shop. In a first part, we will examine the checking a burnt-out front turn signal bulb on your Volkswagen Polo and in a second part, how to change the front turn signal bulb on your car..
How to find out if the front turn signal bulb on your Volkswagen Polo is burnt out or needs to be changed?
When you drive your automobile you don’t constantly have the possibility to check all the security components of your Volkswagen Polo. Indeed, you are most of the time in a rush and tend to get into your automobile, make your trip and put it down instantly without taking the time to do an periodic check-up. It is as a result important to take the time to in some cases check the condition of your headlights and turn signals. It’s quite possible that you have a front turn signal on your Volkswagen Polo, but that you didn’t detect it. Here are the two simple options to check if a front turn signal is burnt out or if you need to swap it promptly:
- When you stop, turn on the ignition on your car, then alternately turn on your left and right front turn signals and get out of the car to check that they are functional.
- By listening to the sound of your blinkers. Indeed, there is an audible indication on each car that alerts you of a front turn indicator bulb burnt out on your Volkswagen Polo, you will find out that the time between each “click” is much closer, this means that you will have to change the front turn signal bulb or before. It’s up to you to check and check out which one is burnt out by a visual check as on the first technique shown earlier mentioned.
You may have an additional bulb to swap, like the one of your low beam or your position lights, don’t hesitate to consult our content articles to help you to complete this replacing.
Changing the front turn signal bulb on your Volkswagen Polo
Now let’s go to the most significant part of this article, how to change the front turn signal bulb of your Volkswagen Polo? Please note that this process is really easy, you will have to access, from the inside of your bonnet, through the wheel arch, or simply by your bumper to your headlight unit, open it and change the burnt out front turn signal bulb of your Volkswagen Polo. If it is a bulb on your rear turn signal, see our dedicated article. Nevertheless, here are the details of the simple steps to follow in order to conduct this action correctly according to the strategy you want to adopt.
Replace front turn signal bulb on your Volkswagen Polo through the bonnet:
- Open your bonnet and clear access to your headlight pods.
- Use a torx tip to open the headlight unit on your car
- Unscrew the front turn signal bulb from your car by turning it a quarter turn counterclockwise
- Replace the front flasher bulb of your Volkswagen Polo by the new one (make sure to check if it’s an orange or transparent bulb).
- Reassemble and test that the new front turn signal bulb functions.
- Lift your car, and take out the front wheel on the side you want to work on.
- Take out your wheel arch with a torx bit.
- Go to your headlamp block and swap the front turn signal bulb on your car following the same procedures as on the part previously seen.
- Put your Volkswagen Polo on a jack or a candle.
- Remove the screws of the motor shoe of your car(plastic part under your motor) and your shock absorber. Be mindful with the plastic staples which can be delicate.
- Remove your headlight block and swap the front turn indicator bulb of your Volkswagen Polo following the steps seen in the parts seen above.
- Put the whole thing back together again.
Replace the front turn signal bulb of your Volkswagen Polo through the wheel arch:
This procedure is specially valuable when you don’t have enough space in the bonnet to access the front turn signal on your car:
Change the front turn signal bulb of your Volkswagen Polo through the bumper:
On some years or finishes, dependant on the options the only simple access you will have to swap the front turn signal bulb of your car will be to pass under your front bumper, there are only a few steps that change from the full technique, we will describe them now:
If you need more guides on the Volkswagen Polo, go to our Volkswagen Polo category.