It doesn’t matter if for your own safety, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, by ensuring your turn signal bulbs are always working is extremely important. Indeed, bulbs are wearing parts that will surely burn out over the years and consequently need to be changed. You’re perhaps here because one of your front turn signals is burnt out and you’re questioning how to change the bulb of a front turn signal on your Volkswagen New Beetle, we’ve created this document to help you do it by yourself and not have to go to your technician. In a first part, we will examine the checking a burnt-out front turn signal bulb on your Volkswagen New Beetle and in a second part, how to change the front turn signal bulb on your car..
How to know if the front turn signal bulb on your Volkswagen New Beetle is burnt out or needs to be replaced?
When you drive your motor vehicle you don’t constantly have the possibility to verify all the safety equipments of your Volkswagen New Beetle. Indeed, you are in general in a rush and tend to enter into your motor vehicle, make your trip and put it down right away without taking the time to do an unexpected check-up. It is therefore essential to take the time to in some cases verify the condition of your headlights and turn signals. It’s quite possible that you have a front turn signal on your Volkswagen New Beetle, but that you didn’t realize it. Here are the two simple solutions to check if a front turn signal is burnt out or if you need to replace it rather quickly:
- When you stop, turn on the ignition on your car, then alternately turn on your left and right front turn signals and get out of the car to check that they are functioning.
- By hearing to the sound of your blinkers. Indeed, there is an audible signal on each car that signals you of a front turn indicator bulb burnt out on your Volkswagen New Beetle, you will recognize that the time between each “click” is much shorter, this suggests that you will have to replace the front turn signal bulb or before. It’s up to you to verify and make sure which one is burnt out by a visual check as on the first procedure shown above.
You may have an additional bulb to replace, like the one of your low beam or your position lights, don’t hesitate to browse our articles to help you to conduct this replacement.
Changing the front turn signal bulb on your Volkswagen New Beetle
Now let’s go to the main part of this document, how to replace the front turn signal bulb of your Volkswagen New Beetle? Take note that this operation is quite easy, you will require to access, from the inside of your bonnet, through the wheel arch, or simply by your bumper to your headlight unit, open it and replace the burnt out front turn signal bulb of your Volkswagen New Beetle. If it is a bulb on your rear turn signal, see our special document. However, here are the details of the steps to follow in order to carry out this action accurately dependant on the method you want to adopt.
Change front turn signal bulb on your Volkswagen New Beetle through the bonnet:
- Open your bonnet and clear access to your headlight pods.
- Use a torx tip to open the headlight unit on your car
- Unscrew the front turn signal bulb from your car by turning it a quarter turn counterclockwise
- Replace the front flasher bulb of your Volkswagen New Beetle by the new one (make certain to verify if it’s an orange or transparent bulb).
- Reassemble and test that the new front turn signal bulb is effective.
- Lift your car, and remove the front wheel on the side you want to work on.
- Take out your wheel arch with a torx bit.
- Go to your headlamp block and replace the front turn signal bulb on your car following the same simple steps as on the part previously seen.
- Put your Volkswagen New Beetle on a jack or a candle.
- Remove the screws of the motor shoe of your car(plastic part under your motor) and your shock absorber. Beware with the plastic staples which can be vulnerable.
- Take off your headlight block and replace the front turn indicator bulb of your Volkswagen New Beetle following the steps seen in the parts seen above.
- Put the whole thing back together again.
Change the front turn signal bulb of your Volkswagen New Beetle through the wheel arch:
This tactic is specially practical when you don’t have enough space in the hood to access the front turn signal on your car:
Replace the front turn signal bulb of your Volkswagen New Beetle through the bumper:
On some years or finishes, dependant on the options the only simple access you will have to replace the front turn signal bulb of your car will be to pass under your front bumper, there are only a few steps that change from the full procedure, we will point them now:
Whenever you have any further questions about the Volkswagen New Beetle, do not hesitate to consult our Volkswagen New Beetle category.