It doesn’t matter if for your personal security, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, being sure your turn signal bulbs are always functioning is imperative. Indeed, bulbs are wearing parts that will obviously burn out after some time and as a consequence need to be swapped out. You’re quite likely on the website because one of your front turn signals is burnt out and you’re questioning how to change the bulb of a front turn signal on your Volkswagen Crafter 2, we’ve written and published this document to help you do it alone and independently and not have to go to your auto technician. In a first section, we will have a look at the checking a burnt-out front turn signal bulb on your Volkswagen Crafter 2 and in a second section, how to change the front turn signal bulb on your car..
How to find out if the front turn signal bulb on your Volkswagen Crafter 2 is burnt out or needs to be replaced?
When you drive your vehicle you don’t always have the possibility to verify all the security components of your Volkswagen Crafter 2. Indeed, you are in general in a rush and tend to enter into your vehicle, make your journey and put it down right away without taking the time to do an regular check-up. It is consequently essential to take the time to sometimes verify the state of your headlights and turn signals. It’s quite possible that you have a front turn signal on your Volkswagen Crafter 2, but that you didn’t notice it. Here are the two simple options to verify if a front turn signal is burnt out or if you need to replace it promptly:
- When you stop, turn on the ignition on your car, then alternately turn on your left and right front turn signals and get out of the car to verify that they are functioning.
- By hearing to the sound of your blinkers. Indeed, there is an audible indication on each car that signals you of a front turn indicator bulb burnt out on your Volkswagen Crafter 2, you will identify that the time between each “click” is much closer, this denotes that you will have to change the front turn signal bulb or before. It’s up to you to verify and examine which one is burnt out by a visual verify as on the first process shown above.
You may have an additional bulb to replace, like the one of your low beam or your position lights, don’t be reluctant to read our blog posts to help you to complete this substitution.
Replacing the front turn signal bulb on your Volkswagen Crafter 2
Now let’s go to the most essential section of this document, how to change the front turn signal bulb of your Volkswagen Crafter 2? Take note that this process is quite simple, you will have to access, from the inside of your bonnet, through the wheel arch, or through your bumper to your headlight unit, open it and change the burnt out front turn signal bulb of your Volkswagen Crafter 2. If it is a bulb on your rear turn signal, see our specific document. Nevertheless, here are the details of the actions to follow to be able to conduct this action accurately according to the solution you desire to adopt.
Change front turn signal bulb on your Volkswagen Crafter 2 through the bonnet:
- Open your bonnet and clear access to your headlight pods.
- Use a torx tip to open the headlight unit on your car
- Unscrew the front turn signal bulb from your car by turning it a quarter turn counterclockwise
- Replace the front flasher bulb of your Volkswagen Crafter 2 by the new one (ensure to verify if it’s an orange or transparent bulb).
- Reassemble and check that the brand-new front turn signal bulb operates.
- Lift your car, and take out the front wheel on the side you want to operate on.
- Take out your wheel arch with a torx bit.
- Go to your headlamp block and replace the front turn signal bulb on your car following the same basic steps as on the part previously seen.
- Put your Volkswagen Crafter 2 on a jack or a candle.
- Remove the screws of the motor shoe of your car(plastic part under your motor) and your shock absorber. Be mindful with the plastic staples which can be delicate.
- Remove your headlight block and replace the front turn indicator bulb of your Volkswagen Crafter 2 following the steps seen in the parts seen previously.
- Put the whole thing back together again.
Change the front turn signal bulb of your Volkswagen Crafter 2 through the wheel arch:
This technique is specially effective when you don’t have enough space in the bonnet to access the front turn signal on your car:
Replace the front turn signal bulb of your Volkswagen Crafter 2 through the bumper:
On some years or finishes, based on the options the only simple access you will have to replace the front turn signal bulb of your car will be to pass under your front bumper, there are only a few steps that change from the full process, we will explain them right now:
If you need more guides on the Volkswagen Crafter 2, go to our Volkswagen Crafter 2 category.