Regardless for your own security, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, ensuring your turn signal bulbs are always working is extremely important. In fact, bulbs are wearing parts that will predictably burn out in the future and consequently need to be swapped out. You’re almost certainly in this article because one of your front turn signals is burnt out and you’re questioning how to change the bulb of a front turn signal on your Volkswagen Beetle, we’ve made this article content to help you do it all on your own and not have to go to your auto technician. In a first step, we will look at controling a burnt-out front turn signal bulb on your Volkswagen Beetle and in a second step, how to change the front turn signal bulb on your car..
How to recognise if the front turn signal bulb on your Volkswagen Beetle is burnt out or needs to be swapped out?
When you drive your car you don’t constantly have the opportunity to verify all the security features of your Volkswagen Beetle. In fact, you are most of the time in a hurry and tend to get into your car, make your trip and put it down immediately without taking the time to do an unexpected check-up. It is therefore fundamental to take the time to in some cases verify the condition of your headlights and turn signals. It’s quite possible that you have a front turn signal on your Volkswagen Beetle, but that you didn’t become aware of it. Here are the two simple ways to examine if a front turn signal is burnt out or if you need to change it promptly:
- When you stop, turn on the ignition on your car, then alternately turn on your left and right front turn signals and get out of the car to examine that they are working.
- By listening to the sound of your blinkers. In fact, there is an audible sign on each car that alerts you of a front turn indicator bulb burnt out on your Volkswagen Beetle, you will recognize that the time between each “click” is much shorter, this means that you will have to replace the front turn signal bulb or before. It’s up to you to verify and check out which one is burnt out by a visual examine as on the first procedure shown previously.
You may have another bulb to change, like the one of your low beam or your position lights, don’t be reluctant to consult our articles to help you to do this replacing.
Replacing the front turn signal bulb on your Volkswagen Beetle
Now let’s go to the main step of this article content, how to change the front turn signal bulb of your Volkswagen Beetle? Please note that this procedure is uncomplicated, you will require to access, from the inside of your bonnet, through the wheel arch, or simply by your bumper to your headlight unit, open it and change the burnt out front turn signal bulb of your Volkswagen Beetle. If it is a bulb on your rear turn signal, see our dedicated article content. However, here are the details of the actions to stick to in order to perform this action accurately depending on the solution you wish to choose.
Change front turn signal bulb on your Volkswagen Beetle through the bonnet:
- Open your bonnet and clear access to your headlight pods.
- Use a torx tip to open the headlight unit on your car
- Unscrew the front turn signal bulb from your car by turning it a quarter turn counterclockwise
- Replace the front flasher bulb of your Volkswagen Beetle by the new one (make certain to verify if it’s an orange or transparent bulb).
- Reassemble and test that the new front turn signal bulb operates.
- Lift your car, and remove the front wheel on the side you want to operate on.
- Take out your wheel arch with a torx bit.
- Go to your headlamp block and change the front turn signal bulb on your car following the same basic steps as on the part previously seen.
- Put your Volkswagen Beetle on a jack or a candle.
- Remove the screws of the motor shoe of your car(plastic part under your motor) and your shock absorber. Be cautious with the plastic staples which can be fragile.
- Remove your headlight block and change the front turn indicator bulb of your Volkswagen Beetle following the steps seen in the parts seen above.
- Put the whole thing back together again.
Change the front turn signal bulb of your Volkswagen Beetle through the wheel arch:
This approach is specially valuable when you don’t have enough space in the bonnet to access the front turn signal on your car:
Replace the front turn signal bulb of your Volkswagen Beetle through the bumper:
On some years or finishes, depending on the options the only simple access you will have to change the front turn signal bulb of your car will be to pass under your front bumper, there are only a few steps that change from the full process, we will explain them now:
In the event that you have any further questions about the Volkswagen Beetle, do not hesitate to consult our Volkswagen Beetle category.