Regardless for your personal security, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, by ensuring your turn signal bulbs are always operational is imperative. Indeed, bulbs are wearing parts that will surely burn out after awhile and as a consequence need to be swapped out. You’re probably on this site because one of your front turn signals is burnt out and you’re wondering how to change the bulb of a front turn signal on your Volkswagen Atlas, we’ve made this article content to help you do it on your own and not have to go to your mechanic. In a first section, we will examine controling a burnt-out front turn signal bulb on your Volkswagen Atlas and in a second section, how to change the front turn signal bulb on your car..
How to recognize if the front turn signal bulb on your Volkswagen Atlas is burnt out or needs to be replaced?
When you drive your motor vehicle you don’t always have the opportunity to check all the security features of your Volkswagen Atlas. Indeed, you are in general in a hurry and tend to enter into your motor vehicle, make your journey and put it down immediately without taking the time to do an unexpected check-up. It is as a result essential to take the time to sometimes check the state of your headlights and turn signals. It’s quite possible that you have a front turn signal on your Volkswagen Atlas, but that you didn’t notice it. Here are the two simple options to verify if a front turn signal is burnt out or if you need to replace it quickly:
- When you stop, turn on the ignition on your car, then alternately turn on your left and right front turn signals and get out of the car to verify that they are functioning.
- By listening to the sound of your blinkers. Indeed, there is an audible sign on each car that alerts you of a front turn indicator bulb burnt out on your Volkswagen Atlas, you will find out that the time between each “click” is much closer, this denotes that you will have to swap the front turn signal bulb or before. It’s up to you to check and examine which one is burnt out by a visual verify as on the first solution shown above.
You may have an additional bulb to replace, like the one of your low beam or your position lights, don’t hesitate to browse our blog posts to help you to carry out this replacement.
Replacing the front turn signal bulb on your Volkswagen Atlas
Now let’s go to the most important section of this article content, how to replace the front turn signal bulb of your Volkswagen Atlas? Please be aware that this process is very simple, you will have to access, from the inside of your bonnet, through the wheel arch, or simply by your bumper to your headlight unit, open it and replace the burnt out front turn signal bulb of your Volkswagen Atlas. If it is a bulb on your rear turn signal, see our specific article content. Nevertheless, here are the details of the simple steps to follow to be able to perform this action efficiently according to the strategy you want to choose.
Replace front turn signal bulb on your Volkswagen Atlas through the bonnet:
- Open your bonnet and clear access to your headlight pods.
- Use a torx tip to open the headlight unit on your car
- Unscrew the front turn signal bulb from your car by turning it a quarter turn counterclockwise
- Replace the front flasher bulb of your Volkswagen Atlas by the new one (be sure to check if it’s an orange or transparent bulb).
- Reassemble and test that the new front turn signal bulb works.
- Lift your car, and take out the front wheel on the side you want to operate on.
- Take out your wheel arch with a torx bit.
- Go to your headlamp block and replace the front turn signal bulb on your car following the same guidelines as on the part previously seen.
- Put your Volkswagen Atlas on a jack or a candle.
- Remove the screws of the motor shoe of your car(plastic part under your motor) and your shock absorber. Beware with the plastic staples which can be vulnerable.
- Take out your headlight block and replace the front turn indicator bulb of your Volkswagen Atlas following the steps seen in the parts seen above.
- Put the whole thing back together again.
Replace the front turn signal bulb of your Volkswagen Atlas through the wheel arch:
This process is in particular practical when you don’t have enough space in the hood to access the front turn signal on your car:
Replace the front turn signal bulb of your Volkswagen Atlas through the bumper:
On some years or finishes, dependant on the options the only simple access you will have to replace the front turn signal bulb of your car will be to pass under your front bumper, there are only a few steps that change from the full process, we will detail them right now:
To find more tips on the Volkswagen Atlas, take a look at the Volkswagen Atlas category.