It doesn’t matter if for your own safety, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, making sure your turn signal bulbs are always functional is extremely important. Indeed, bulbs are wearing parts that will surely burn out after a while and as a result need to be swapped out. You’re most certainly on the website because one of your front turn signals is burnt out and you’re wondering how to change the bulb of a front turn signal on your Toyota Tundra, we’ve written and published this document to help you do it all on your own and not have to go to your repair shop. In a first part, we will look at the checking a burnt-out front turn signal bulb on your Toyota Tundra and in a second part, how to change the front turn signal bulb on your car..
How to recognize if the front turn signal bulb on your Toyota Tundra is burnt out or needs to be replaced?
When you drive your car you don’t always have the possibility to check all the safety features of your Toyota Tundra. Indeed, you are in many cases in a rush and tend to get into your car, make your trip and put it down immediately without taking the time to do an unexpected check-up. It is therefore fundamental to take the time to in some cases check the state of your headlights and turn signals. It’s quite possible that you have a front turn signal on your Toyota Tundra, but that you didn’t become aware of it. Here are the two simple options to check if a front turn signal is burnt out or if you need to swap it promptly:
- When you stop, turn on the ignition on your car, then alternately turn on your left and right front turn signals and get out of the car to check that they are functional.
- By hearing to the sound of your blinkers. Indeed, there is an audible sign on each car that informs you of a front turn indicator bulb burnt out on your Toyota Tundra, you will recognise that the time between each “click” is much closer, this denotes that you will have to replace the front turn signal bulb or before. It’s up to you to check and check out which one is burnt out by a visual check as on the first process shown earlier mentioned.
You may have an additional bulb to swap, like the one of your low beam or your position lights, don’t be reluctant to consult our blog posts to help you to do this substitution.
Replacing the front turn signal bulb on your Toyota Tundra
Now let’s go to the most important part of this document, how to change the front turn signal bulb of your Toyota Tundra? Please note that this procedure is quite easy, you will have to access, from the inside of your bonnet, through the wheel arch, or through your bumper to your headlight unit, open it and change the burnt out front turn signal bulb of your Toyota Tundra. If it is a bulb on your rear turn signal, see our special document. However, here are the details of the simple steps to follow in order to accomplish this act accurately according to the strategy you want to adopt.
Change front turn signal bulb on your Toyota Tundra through the bonnet:
- Open your bonnet and clear access to your headlight pods.
- Use a torx tip to open the headlight unit on your car
- Unscrew the front turn signal bulb from your car by turning it a quarter turn counterclockwise
- Replace the front flasher bulb of your Toyota Tundra by the new one (ensure to check if it’s an orange or transparent bulb).
- Reassemble and test that the brand-new front turn signal bulb is effective.
- Lift your car, and take off the front wheel on the side you want to operate on.
- Take out your wheel arch with a torx bit.
- Go to your headlamp block and swap the front turn signal bulb on your car following the same basic steps as on the part previously seen.
- Put your Toyota Tundra on a jack or a candle.
- Remove the screws of the motor shoe of your car(plastic part under your motor) and your shock absorber. Beware with the plastic staples which can be breakable.
- Take out your headlight block and swap the front turn indicator bulb of your Toyota Tundra following the steps seen in the parts seen earlier.
- Put the whole thing back together again.
Change the front turn signal bulb of your Toyota Tundra through the wheel arch:
This process is specifically useful when you don’t have enough space in the hood to access the front turn signal on your car:
Change the front turn signal bulb of your Toyota Tundra through the bumper:
On some years or finishes, according to the options the only simple access you will have to swap the front turn signal bulb of your car will be to pass under your front bumper, there are only a few steps that change from the full procedure, we will point them now:
If you have any further questions about the Toyota Tundra, do not hesitate to consult our Toyota Tundra category.