Regardless for your personal security, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, being sure your turn signal bulbs are always operational is extremely important. In fact, bulbs are wearing parts that will inevitably burn out over the years and as a result need to be swapped out. You’re most likely in this article because one of your front turn signals is burnt out and you’re questioning how to change the bulb of a front turn signal on your Toyota FJ Cruiser, we’ve written and published this document to help you do it all on your own and not have to go to your mechanic. In a first step, we will take a look at the checking a burnt-out front turn signal bulb on your Toyota FJ Cruiser and in a second step, how to change the front turn signal bulb on your car..
How to recognise if the front turn signal bulb on your Toyota FJ Cruiser is burnt out or needs to be replaced?
When you drive your motor vehicle you don’t always have the possibility to verify all the security features of your Toyota FJ Cruiser. In fact, you are in many cases in a rush and tend to get into your motor vehicle, make your journey and put it down immediately without taking the time to do an occasional check-up. It is consequently fundamental to take the time to sometimes verify the state of your headlights and turn signals. It’s quite possible that you have a front turn signal on your Toyota FJ Cruiser, but that you didn’t become aware of it. Here are the two simple methods to verify if a front turn signal is burnt out or if you need to change it quickly:
- When you stop, turn on the ignition on your car, then alternately turn on your left and right front turn signals and get out of the car to verify that they are operational.
- By listening to the sound of your blinkers. In fact, there is an audible indication on each car that warns you of a front turn indicator bulb burnt out on your Toyota FJ Cruiser, you will recognise that the time between each “click” is much closer, this suggests that you will have to replace the front turn signal bulb or before. It’s up to you to verify and examine which one is burnt out by a visual verify as on the first technique shown above.
You may have an additional bulb to change, like the one of your low beam or your position lights, don’t be reluctant to browse our content articles to help you to perform this replacing.
Changing the front turn signal bulb on your Toyota FJ Cruiser
Now let’s go to the most significant step of this document, how to change the front turn signal bulb of your Toyota FJ Cruiser? Please be aware that this operation is fairly simple, you will require to access, from the inside of your bonnet, through the wheel arch, or through your bumper to your headlight unit, open it and change the burnt out front turn signal bulb of your Toyota FJ Cruiser. If it is a bulb on your rear turn signal, see our specific document. Nevertheless, here are the details of the simple steps to stick to to be able to execute this act properly according to the approach you want to choose.
Change front turn signal bulb on your Toyota FJ Cruiser through the bonnet:
- Open your bonnet and clear access to your headlight pods.
- Use a torx tip to open the headlight unit on your car
- Unscrew the front turn signal bulb from your car by turning it a quarter turn counterclockwise
- Replace the front flasher bulb of your Toyota FJ Cruiser by the new one (make sure to verify if it’s an orange or transparent bulb).
- Reassemble and check that the brand-new front turn signal bulb is effective.
- Lift your car, and take off the front wheel on the side you want to work on.
- Take out your wheel arch with a torx bit.
- Go to your headlamp block and change the front turn signal bulb on your car following the same procedures as on the part previously seen.
- Put your Toyota FJ Cruiser on a jack or a candle.
- Remove the screws of the motor shoe of your car(plastic part under your motor) and your shock absorber. Be careful with the plastic staples which can be vulnerable.
- Take away your headlight block and change the front turn indicator bulb of your Toyota FJ Cruiser following the steps seen in the parts seen earlier.
- Put the whole thing back together again.
Change the front turn signal bulb of your Toyota FJ Cruiser through the wheel arch:
This technique is particularly effective when you don’t have enough space in the bonnet to access the front turn signal on your car:
Replace the front turn signal bulb of your Toyota FJ Cruiser through the bumper:
On some years or finishes, depending on the options the only simple access you will have to change the front turn signal bulb of your car will be to pass under your front bumper, there are only a few steps that change from the full procedure, we will detail them now:
If you have any further questions about the Toyota FJ Cruiser, do not hesitate to consult our Toyota FJ Cruiser category.