Whether for your personal security, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, ensuring your turn signal bulbs are always functional is extremely important. In reality, bulbs are wearing parts that will obviously burn out with time and as a result need to be swapped out. You’re likely on this website because one of your front turn signals is burnt out and you’re questioning how to change the bulb of a front turn signal on your Toyota Corolla, we’ve written and published this document to help you do it on your own and not have to go to your mechanic. In a first step, we will take a look at controling a burnt-out front turn signal bulb on your Toyota Corolla and in a second step, how to change the front turn signal bulb on your car..
How to know if the front turn signal bulb on your Toyota Corolla is burnt out or needs to be replaced?
When you drive your motor vehicle you don’t always have the opportunity to verify all the security features of your Toyota Corolla. In reality, you are mostly in a rush and tend to enter into your motor vehicle, make your journey and put it down right away without taking the time to do an unexpected check-up. It is therefore essential to take the time to occasionally verify the condition of your headlights and turn signals. It’s quite possible that you have a front turn signal on your Toyota Corolla, but that you didn’t realize it. Here are the two simple solutions to control if a front turn signal is burnt out or if you need to replace it rather quickly:
- When you stop, turn on the ignition on your car, then alternately turn on your left and right front turn signals and get out of the car to control that they are functional.
- By hearing to the sound of your blinkers. In reality, there is an audible signal on each car that warns you of a front turn indicator bulb burnt out on your Toyota Corolla, you will recognise that the time between each “click” is much closer, this denotes that you will have to swap the front turn signal bulb or before. It’s up to you to verify and examine which one is burnt out by a visual control as on the first process shown previously.
You may have another bulb to replace, like the one of your low beam or your position lights, don’t hesitate to consult our blog posts to help you to accomplish this substitution.
Changing the front turn signal bulb on your Toyota Corolla
Now let’s go to the main step of this document, how to change the front turn signal bulb of your Toyota Corolla? Please be aware that this task is fairly simple, you will have to access, from the inside of your bonnet, through the wheel arch, or through your bumper to your headlight unit, open it and change the burnt out front turn signal bulb of your Toyota Corolla. If it is a bulb on your rear turn signal, see our dedicated document. On the other hand, here are the details of the steps to follow to be able to carry out this act accurately dependant on the strategy you wish to adopt.
Change front turn signal bulb on your Toyota Corolla through the bonnet:
- Open your bonnet and clear access to your headlight pods.
- Use a torx tip to open the headlight unit on your car
- Unscrew the front turn signal bulb from your car by turning it a quarter turn counterclockwise
- Replace the front flasher bulb of your Toyota Corolla by the new one (ensure to verify if it’s an orange or transparent bulb).
- Reassemble and test that the brand-new front turn signal bulb operates.
- Lift your car, and take out the front wheel on the side you want to work on.
- Take out your wheel arch with a torx bit.
- Go to your headlamp block and replace the front turn signal bulb on your car following the same steps as on the part previously seen.
- Put your Toyota Corolla on a jack or a candle.
- Remove the screws of the motor shoe of your car(plastic part under your motor) and your shock absorber. Be careful with the plastic staples which can be vulnerable.
- Remove your headlight block and replace the front turn indicator bulb of your Toyota Corolla following the steps seen in the parts seen earlier.
- Put the whole thing back together again.
Change the front turn signal bulb of your Toyota Corolla through the wheel arch:
This tactic is in particular effective when you don’t have enough space in the bonnet to access the front turn signal on your car:
Replace the front turn signal bulb of your Toyota Corolla through the bumper:
On some years or finishes, based on the options the only simple access you will have to replace the front turn signal bulb of your car will be to pass under your front bumper, there are only a few steps that change from the full technique, we will detail them right now:
To get more tips on the Toyota Corolla, take a look at the Toyota Corolla category.