Regardless for your personal safety, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, by ensuring your turn signal bulbs are always functioning is important. In fact, bulbs are wearing parts that will definitely burn out after awhile and consequently need to be swapped out. You’re probably in this article because one of your front turn signals is burnt out and you’re wondering how to change the bulb of a front turn signal on your Tesla Model X, we’ve written and published this article content to help you do it alone and independently and not have to go to your auto mechanic. In a first section, we will look at the checking a burnt-out front turn signal bulb on your Tesla Model X and in a second section, how to change the front turn signal bulb on your car..
How to recognise if the front turn signal bulb on your Tesla Model X is burnt out or needs to be swapped out?
When you drive your car you don’t always have the possibility to verify all the safety features of your Tesla Model X. In fact, you are nearly always in a hurry and tend to enter into your car, make your journey and put it down instantly without taking the time to do an periodic check-up. It is consequently fundamental to take the time to once in a while verify the state of your headlights and turn signals. It’s quite possible that you have a front turn signal on your Tesla Model X, but that you didn’t realize it. Here are the two simple solutions to check if a front turn signal is burnt out or if you need to change it rather quickly:
- When you stop, turn on the ignition on your car, then alternately turn on your left and right front turn signals and get out of the car to check that they are operational.
- By listening to the sound of your blinkers. In fact, there is an audible indication on each car that signals you of a front turn indicator bulb burnt out on your Tesla Model X, you will identify that the time between each “click” is much shorter, this suggests that you will have to swap the front turn signal bulb or before. It’s up to you to verify and check out which one is burnt out by a visual check as on the first procedure shown earlier mentioned.
You may have an additional bulb to change, like the one of your low beam or your position lights, don’t hesitate to read our articles to help you to do this replacing.
Changing the front turn signal bulb on your Tesla Model X
Now let’s go to the most important section of this article content, how to change the front turn signal bulb of your Tesla Model X? Take note that this technique is fairly simple, you will have to access, from the inside of your bonnet, through the wheel arch, or simply by your bumper to your headlight unit, open it and change the burnt out front turn signal bulb of your Tesla Model X. If it is a bulb on your rear turn signal, see our specific article content. On the other hand, here are the details of the guidelines to follow in order to perform this act efficiently depending on the solution you want to choose.
Replace front turn signal bulb on your Tesla Model X through the bonnet:
- Open your bonnet and clear access to your headlight pods.
- Use a torx tip to open the headlight unit on your car
- Unscrew the front turn signal bulb from your car by turning it a quarter turn counterclockwise
- Replace the front flasher bulb of your Tesla Model X by the new one (make certain to verify if it’s an orange or transparent bulb).
- Reassemble and check that the new front turn signal bulb functions.
- Lift your car, and remove the front wheel on the side you want to work on.
- Take out your wheel arch with a torx bit.
- Go to your headlamp block and change the front turn signal bulb on your car following the same simple steps as on the part previously seen.
- Put your Tesla Model X on a jack or a candle.
- Remove the screws of the motor shoe of your car(plastic part under your motor) and your shock absorber. Be cautious with the plastic staples which can be delicate.
- Take out your headlight block and change the front turn indicator bulb of your Tesla Model X following the steps seen in the parts seen previously.
- Put the whole thing back together again.
Replace the front turn signal bulb of your Tesla Model X through the wheel arch:
This approach is particularly practical when you don’t have enough space in the hood to access the front turn signal on your car:
Replace the front turn signal bulb of your Tesla Model X through the bumper:
On some years or finishes, dependant on the options the only simple access you will have to change the front turn signal bulb of your car will be to pass under your front bumper, there are only a few steps that change from the full procedure, we will explain them right now:
If you need more guides on the Tesla Model X, go to our Tesla Model X category.