It doesn’t matter if for your own safety, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, ensuring your turn signal bulbs are always functional is extremely important. In reality, bulbs are wearing parts that will surely burn out in the future and as a result need to be replaced. You’re probably on this site because one of your front turn signals is burnt out and you’re questioning how to change the bulb of a front turn signal on your Subaru Crosstrek, we’ve written this article to help you do it by yourself and not have to go to your auto mechanic. In a first section, we will look at the checking a burnt-out front turn signal bulb on your Subaru Crosstrek and in a second section, how to change the front turn signal bulb on your car..
How to know if the front turn signal bulb on your Subaru Crosstrek is burnt out or needs to be replaced?
When you drive your automobile you don’t always have the possibility to examine all the safety components of your Subaru Crosstrek. In reality, you are most of the time in a rush and tend to enter into your automobile, make your trip and put it down immediately without taking the time to do an unexpected check-up. It is consequently fundamental to take the time to occasionally examine the condition of your headlights and turn signals. It’s quite possible that you have a front turn signal on your Subaru Crosstrek, but that you didn’t become aware of it. Here are the two simple options to check if a front turn signal is burnt out or if you need to replace it quickly:
- When you stop, turn on the ignition on your car, then alternately turn on your left and right front turn signals and get out of the car to check that they are functional.
- By listening to the sound of your blinkers. In reality, there is an audible signal on each car that alerts you of a front turn indicator bulb burnt out on your Subaru Crosstrek, you will perceive that the time between each “click” is much closer, this denotes that you will have to replace the front turn signal bulb or before. It’s up to you to examine and check which one is burnt out by a visual check as on the first procedure shown above.
You may have another bulb to replace, like the one of your low beam or your position lights, don’t hesitate to consult our content articles to help you to achieve this replacement.
Replacing the front turn signal bulb on your Subaru Crosstrek
Now let’s go to the most essential section of this article, how to change the front turn signal bulb of your Subaru Crosstrek? Take note that this process is quite easy, you will have to access, from the inside of your bonnet, through the wheel arch, or simply by your bumper to your headlight unit, open it and change the burnt out front turn signal bulb of your Subaru Crosstrek. If it is a bulb on your rear turn signal, see our special article. Nevertheless, here are the details of the steps to follow in order to carry out this act accurately dependant on the method you wish to choose.
Replace front turn signal bulb on your Subaru Crosstrek through the bonnet:
- Open your bonnet and clear access to your headlight pods.
- Use a torx tip to open the headlight unit on your car
- Unscrew the front turn signal bulb from your car by turning it a quarter turn counterclockwise
- Replace the front flasher bulb of your Subaru Crosstrek by the new one (make sure to examine if it’s an orange or transparent bulb).
- Reassemble and check that the new front turn signal bulb functions.
- Lift your car, and remove the front wheel on the side you want to operate on.
- Take out your wheel arch with a torx bit.
- Go to your headlamp block and replace the front turn signal bulb on your car following the same guidelines as on the part previously seen.
- Put your Subaru Crosstrek on a jack or a candle.
- Remove the screws of the motor shoe of your car(plastic part under your motor) and your shock absorber. Be careful with the plastic staples which can be delicate.
- Take out your headlight block and replace the front turn indicator bulb of your Subaru Crosstrek following the steps seen in the parts seen previously.
- Put the whole thing back together again.
Replace the front turn signal bulb of your Subaru Crosstrek through the wheel arch:
This technique is in particular useful when you don’t have enough space in the hood to access the front turn signal on your car:
Change the front turn signal bulb of your Subaru Crosstrek through the bumper:
On some years or finishes, based on the options the only simple access you will have to replace the front turn signal bulb of your car will be to pass under your front bumper, there are only a few steps that change from the full procedure, we will detail them now:
If you wish more tutorials on the Subaru Crosstrek, go to our Subaru Crosstrek category.