Regardless for your own security, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, making sure your turn signal bulbs are always functional is very important. In fact, bulbs are wearing parts that will inevitably burn out in the future and consequently need to be changed. You’re most certainly on this website because one of your front turn signals is burnt out and you’re wondering how to change the bulb of a front turn signal on your Scion tC, we’ve written and published this document to help you do it alone and independently and not have to go to your auto technician. In a first part, we will have a look at controling a burnt-out front turn signal bulb on your Scion tC and in a second part, how to change the front turn signal bulb on your car..
How to find out if the front turn signal bulb on your Scion tC is burnt out or needs to be swapped out?
When you drive your motor vehicle you don’t constantly have the opportunity to examine all the security features of your Scion tC. In fact, you are nearly always in a hurry and tend to enter into your motor vehicle, make your trip and put it down immediately without taking the time to do an regular check-up. It is as a result essential to take the time to in some cases examine the condition of your headlights and turn signals. It’s quite possible that you have a front turn signal on your Scion tC, but that you didn’t detect it. Here are the two simple ways to verify if a front turn signal is burnt out or if you need to change it rather quickly:
- When you stop, turn on the ignition on your car, then alternately turn on your left and right front turn signals and get out of the car to verify that they are functioning.
- By hearing to the sound of your blinkers. In fact, there is an audible sign on each car that alerts you of a front turn indicator bulb burnt out on your Scion tC, you will perceive that the time between each “click” is much shorter, this means that you will have to replace the front turn signal bulb or before. It’s up to you to examine and examine which one is burnt out by a visual verify as on the first procedure shown earlier mentioned.
You may have another bulb to change, like the one of your low beam or your position lights, don’t hesitate to read our articles to help you to complete this replacing.
Changing the front turn signal bulb on your Scion tC
Now let’s go to the most important part of this document, how to change the front turn signal bulb of your Scion tC? You should be aware that this technique is very simple, you will need to access, from the inside of your bonnet, through the wheel arch, or simply by your bumper to your headlight unit, open it and change the burnt out front turn signal bulb of your Scion tC. If it is a bulb on your rear turn signal, see our special document. Nevertheless, here are the details of the guidelines to stick to in order to perform this act properly depending on the technique you want to choose.
Replace front turn signal bulb on your Scion tC through the bonnet:
- Open your bonnet and clear access to your headlight pods.
- Use a torx tip to open the headlight unit on your car
- Unscrew the front turn signal bulb from your car by turning it a quarter turn counterclockwise
- Replace the front flasher bulb of your Scion tC by the new one (ensure to examine if it’s an orange or transparent bulb).
- Reassemble and test that the brand-new front turn signal bulb operates.
- Lift your car, and take away the front wheel on the side you want to work on.
- Take out your wheel arch with a torx bit.
- Go to your headlamp block and change the front turn signal bulb on your car following the same steps as on the part previously seen.
- Put your Scion tC on a jack or a candle.
- Remove the screws of the motor shoe of your car(plastic part under your motor) and your shock absorber. Be cautious with the plastic staples which can be fragile.
- Remove your headlight block and change the front turn indicator bulb of your Scion tC following the steps seen in the parts seen earlier.
- Put the whole thing back together again.
Replace the front turn signal bulb of your Scion tC through the wheel arch:
This procedure is specially effective when you don’t have enough space in the hood to access the front turn signal on your car:
Replace the front turn signal bulb of your Scion tC through the bumper:
On some years or finishes, depending on the options the only simple access you will have to change the front turn signal bulb of your car will be to pass under your front bumper, there are only a few steps that change from the full procedure, we will explain them now:
To find more tips on the Scion tC, take a look at the Scion tC category.