Regardless for your personal safety, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, being certain your turn signal bulbs are always working is important. Indeed, bulbs are wearing parts that will obviously burn out over the years and as a result need to be swapped out. You’re quite likely on this website because one of your front turn signals is burnt out and you’re questioning how to change the bulb of a front turn signal on your Renault Scenic 4, we’ve created this article to help you do it without hiring somebody and not have to go to your technician. In a first part, we will look at the checking a burnt-out front turn signal bulb on your Renault Scenic 4 and in a second part, how to change the front turn signal bulb on your car..
How to know if the front turn signal bulb on your Renault Scenic 4 is burnt out or needs to be replaced?
When you drive your vehicle you don’t constantly have the possibility to verify all the safety equipments of your Renault Scenic 4. Indeed, you are often times in a rush and tend to enter into your vehicle, make your trip and put it down immediately without taking the time to do an unexpected check-up. It is as a result fundamental to take the time to once in a while verify the state of your headlights and turn signals. It’s quite possible that you have a front turn signal on your Renault Scenic 4, but that you didn’t become aware of it. Here are the two simple solutions to verify if a front turn signal is burnt out or if you need to replace it quickly:
- When you stop, turn on the ignition on your car, then alternately turn on your left and right front turn signals and get out of the car to verify that they are operational.
- By hearing to the sound of your blinkers. Indeed, there is an audible signal on each car that alerts you of a front turn indicator bulb burnt out on your Renault Scenic 4, you will recognize that the time between each “click” is much shorter, this suggests that you will have to replace the front turn signal bulb or before. It’s up to you to verify and examine which one is burnt out by a visual verify as on the first procedure shown previously.
You may have another bulb to replace, like the one of your low beam or your position lights, don’t be reluctant to consult our content articles to help you to complete this replacing.
Changing the front turn signal bulb on your Renault Scenic 4
Now let’s go to the most important part of this article, how to replace the front turn signal bulb of your Renault Scenic 4? Please be aware that this technique is quite simple, you will need to access, from the inside of your bonnet, through the wheel arch, or through your bumper to your headlight unit, open it and replace the burnt out front turn signal bulb of your Renault Scenic 4. If it is a bulb on your rear turn signal, see our specific article. However, here are the details of the guidelines to follow in order to accomplish this act properly according to the solution you desire to adopt.
Replace front turn signal bulb on your Renault Scenic 4 through the bonnet:
- Open your bonnet and clear access to your headlight pods.
- Use a torx tip to open the headlight unit on your car
- Unscrew the front turn signal bulb from your car by turning it a quarter turn counterclockwise
- Replace the front flasher bulb of your Renault Scenic 4 by the new one (ensure to verify if it’s an orange or transparent bulb).
- Reassemble and check that the brand-new front turn signal bulb is effective.
- Lift your car, and remove the front wheel on the side you want to work on.
- Take out your wheel arch with a torx bit.
- Go to your headlamp block and replace the front turn signal bulb on your car following the same steps as on the part previously seen.
- Put your Renault Scenic 4 on a jack or a candle.
- Remove the screws of the motor shoe of your car(plastic part under your motor) and your shock absorber. Beware with the plastic staples which can be delicate.
- Take away your headlight block and replace the front turn indicator bulb of your Renault Scenic 4 following the steps seen in the parts seen above.
- Put the whole thing back together again.
Replace the front turn signal bulb of your Renault Scenic 4 through the wheel arch:
This process is especially practical when you don’t have enough space in the bonnet to access the front turn signal on your car:
Change the front turn signal bulb of your Renault Scenic 4 through the bumper:
On some years or finishes, based on the options the only simple access you will have to replace the front turn signal bulb of your car will be to pass under your front bumper, there are only a few steps that change from the full technique, we will explain them right now:
To find more tips on the Renault Scenic 4, take a look at the Renault Scenic 4 category.