Regardless whether for your personal security, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, making sure your turn signal bulbs are always functioning is extremely important. In reality, bulbs are wearing parts that will predictably burn out over the years and consequently need to be replaced. You’re perhaps on this website because one of your front turn signals is burnt out and you’re questioning how to change the bulb of a front turn signal on your Ram ProMaster City, we’ve written this article to help you do it alone and independently and not have to go to your repair shop. In a first step, we will take a look at controling a burnt-out front turn signal bulb on your Ram ProMaster City and in a second step, how to change the front turn signal bulb on your car..
How to know if the front turn signal bulb on your Ram ProMaster City is burnt out or needs to be replaced?
When you drive your automobile you don’t always have the opportunity to examine all the security equipments of your Ram ProMaster City. In reality, you are often in a rush and tend to enter into your automobile, make your journey and put it down right away without taking the time to do an regular check-up. It is therefore crucial to take the time to once in a while examine the condition of your headlights and turn signals. It’s quite possible that you have a front turn signal on your Ram ProMaster City, but that you didn’t notice it. Here are the two simple methods to control if a front turn signal is burnt out or if you need to swap it rather quickly:
- When you stop, turn on the ignition on your car, then alternately turn on your left and right front turn signals and get out of the car to control that they are functioning.
- By listening to the sound of your blinkers. In reality, there is an audible sign on each car that warns you of a front turn indicator bulb burnt out on your Ram ProMaster City, you will find out that the time between each “click” is much shorter, this means that you will have to change the front turn signal bulb or before. It’s up to you to examine and check which one is burnt out by a visual control as on the first solution shown above.
You may have another bulb to swap, like the one of your low beam or your position lights, don’t hesitate to read our articles to help you to perform this replacement.
Replacing the front turn signal bulb on your Ram ProMaster City
Now let’s go to the most important step of this article, how to change the front turn signal bulb of your Ram ProMaster City? You should be aware that this procedure is fairly simple, you will have to access, from the inside of your bonnet, through the wheel arch, or through your bumper to your headlight unit, open it and change the burnt out front turn signal bulb of your Ram ProMaster City. If it is a bulb on your rear turn signal, see our specific article. Nevertheless, here are the details of the simple steps to stick to in order to accomplish this action efficiently according to the solution you want to choose.
Change front turn signal bulb on your Ram ProMaster City through the bonnet:
- Open your bonnet and clear access to your headlight pods.
- Use a torx tip to open the headlight unit on your car
- Unscrew the front turn signal bulb from your car by turning it a quarter turn counterclockwise
- Replace the front flasher bulb of your Ram ProMaster City by the new one (be sure to examine if it’s an orange or transparent bulb).
- Reassemble and check that the new front turn signal bulb is effective.
- Lift your car, and take out the front wheel on the side you want to work on.
- Take out your wheel arch with a torx bit.
- Go to your headlamp block and swap the front turn signal bulb on your car following the same simple steps as on the part previously seen.
- Put your Ram ProMaster City on a jack or a candle.
- Remove the screws of the motor shoe of your car(plastic part under your motor) and your shock absorber. Beware with the plastic staples which can be breakable.
- Take out your headlight block and swap the front turn indicator bulb of your Ram ProMaster City following the steps seen in the parts seen previously.
- Put the whole thing back together again.
Change the front turn signal bulb of your Ram ProMaster City through the wheel arch:
This approach is in particular effective when you don’t have enough space in the hood to access the front turn signal on your car:
Change the front turn signal bulb of your Ram ProMaster City through the bumper:
On some years or finishes, based on the options the only simple access you will have to swap the front turn signal bulb of your car will be to pass under your front bumper, there are only a few steps that change from the full technique, we will detail them now:
If you want more guides on the Ram ProMaster City, go to our Ram ProMaster City category.