Regardless whether for your own safety, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, being certain your turn signal bulbs are always operational is extremely important. In reality, bulbs are wearing parts that will predictably burn out as time passes and consequently need to be replaced. You’re most certainly on this website because one of your front turn signals is burnt out and you’re questioning how to change the bulb of a front turn signal on your Nissan Versa, we’ve created this content page to help you do it alone and not have to go to your auto technician. In a first part, we will look at the checking a burnt-out front turn signal bulb on your Nissan Versa and in a second part, how to change the front turn signal bulb on your car..
How to know if the front turn signal bulb on your Nissan Versa is burnt out or needs to be swapped out?
When you drive your motor vehicle you don’t constantly have the possibility to verify all the safety features of your Nissan Versa. In reality, you are often in a rush and tend to enter into your motor vehicle, make your journey and put it down instantly without taking the time to do an periodic check-up. It is therefore crucial to take the time to occasionally verify the condition of your headlights and turn signals. It’s quite possible that you have a front turn signal on your Nissan Versa, but that you didn’t become aware of it. Here are the two simple options to examine if a front turn signal is burnt out or if you need to swap it promptly:
- When you stop, turn on the ignition on your car, then alternately turn on your left and right front turn signals and get out of the car to examine that they are working.
- By listening to the sound of your blinkers. In reality, there is an audible sign on each car that warns you of a front turn indicator bulb burnt out on your Nissan Versa, you will recognize that the time between each “click” is much closer, this suggests that you will have to change the front turn signal bulb or before. It’s up to you to verify and check out which one is burnt out by a visual examine as on the first methodology shown previously.
You may have another bulb to swap, like the one of your low beam or your position lights, don’t hesitate to browse our articles to help you to carry out this substitution.
Replacing the front turn signal bulb on your Nissan Versa
Now let’s go to the main part of this content page, how to replace the front turn signal bulb of your Nissan Versa? You should be aware that this procedure is uncomplicated, you will have to access, from the inside of your bonnet, through the wheel arch, or through your bumper to your headlight unit, open it and replace the burnt out front turn signal bulb of your Nissan Versa. If it is a bulb on your rear turn signal, see our specific content page. Nevertheless, here are the details of the guidelines to stick to to be able to perform this act correctly depending on the approach you desire to adopt.
Replace front turn signal bulb on your Nissan Versa through the bonnet:
- Open your bonnet and clear access to your headlight pods.
- Use a torx tip to open the headlight unit on your car
- Unscrew the front turn signal bulb from your car by turning it a quarter turn counterclockwise
- Replace the front flasher bulb of your Nissan Versa by the new one (be sure to verify if it’s an orange or transparent bulb).
- Reassemble and check that the new front turn signal bulb functions.
- Lift your car, and take away the front wheel on the side you want to operate on.
- Take out your wheel arch with a torx bit.
- Go to your headlamp block and swap the front turn signal bulb on your car following the same simple steps as on the part previously seen.
- Put your Nissan Versa on a jack or a candle.
- Remove the screws of the motor shoe of your car(plastic part under your motor) and your shock absorber. Be careful with the plastic staples which can be delicate.
- Take away your headlight block and swap the front turn indicator bulb of your Nissan Versa following the steps seen in the parts seen earlier.
- Put the whole thing back together again.
Replace the front turn signal bulb of your Nissan Versa through the wheel arch:
This procedure is especially useful when you don’t have enough space in the bonnet to access the front turn signal on your car:
Replace the front turn signal bulb of your Nissan Versa through the bumper:
On some years or finishes, according to the options the only simple access you will have to swap the front turn signal bulb of your car will be to pass under your front bumper, there are only a few steps that change from the full procedure, we will point them right now:
To discover more tips on the Nissan Versa, take a look at the Nissan Versa category.