It doesn’t matter if for your own safety, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, being certain your turn signal bulbs are always operational is important. Indeed, bulbs are wearing parts that will definitely burn out with time and therefore need to be replaced. You’re quite likely on the website because one of your front turn signals is burnt out and you’re wondering how to change the bulb of a front turn signal on your Nissan Sentra, we’ve written and published this article content to help you do it alone and not have to go to your repair shop. In a first part, we will look at the checking a burnt-out front turn signal bulb on your Nissan Sentra and in a second part, how to change the front turn signal bulb on your car..
How to discover if the front turn signal bulb on your Nissan Sentra is burnt out or needs to be swapped out?
When you drive your car you don’t always have the possibility to verify all the safety features of your Nissan Sentra. Indeed, you are mostly in a rush and tend to get into your car, make your journey and put it down instantly without taking the time to do an regular check-up. It is as a consequence essential to take the time to once in a while verify the condition of your headlights and turn signals. It’s quite possible that you have a front turn signal on your Nissan Sentra, but that you didn’t become aware of it. Here are the two simple options to examine if a front turn signal is burnt out or if you need to replace it fairly quickly:
- When you stop, turn on the ignition on your car, then alternately turn on your left and right front turn signals and get out of the car to examine that they are working.
- By hearing to the sound of your blinkers. Indeed, there is an audible signal on each car that alerts you of a front turn indicator bulb burnt out on your Nissan Sentra, you will notice that the time between each “click” is much closer, this means that you will have to swap the front turn signal bulb or before. It’s up to you to verify and make sure which one is burnt out by a visual examine as on the first technique shown previously.
You may have another bulb to replace, like the one of your low beam or your position lights, don’t be reluctant to consult our blog posts to help you to perform this replacing.
Replacing the front turn signal bulb on your Nissan Sentra
Now let’s go to the most essential part of this article content, how to replace the front turn signal bulb of your Nissan Sentra? Please note that this procedure is uncomplicated, you will need to access, from the inside of your bonnet, through the wheel arch, or simply by your bumper to your headlight unit, open it and replace the burnt out front turn signal bulb of your Nissan Sentra. If it is a bulb on your rear turn signal, see our specific article content. Nevertheless, here are the details of the simple steps to stick to to be able to conduct this action efficiently depending on the method you wish to adopt.
Replace front turn signal bulb on your Nissan Sentra through the bonnet:
- Open your bonnet and clear access to your headlight pods.
- Use a torx tip to open the headlight unit on your car
- Unscrew the front turn signal bulb from your car by turning it a quarter turn counterclockwise
- Replace the front flasher bulb of your Nissan Sentra by the new one (make sure to verify if it’s an orange or transparent bulb).
- Reassemble and test that the brand-new front turn signal bulb functions.
- Lift your car, and take off the front wheel on the side you want to operate on.
- Take out your wheel arch with a torx bit.
- Go to your headlamp block and replace the front turn signal bulb on your car following the same guidelines as on the part previously seen.
- Put your Nissan Sentra on a jack or a candle.
- Remove the screws of the motor shoe of your car(plastic part under your motor) and your shock absorber. Beware with the plastic staples which can be delicate.
- Take out your headlight block and replace the front turn indicator bulb of your Nissan Sentra following the steps seen in the parts seen above.
- Put the whole thing back together again.
Replace the front turn signal bulb of your Nissan Sentra through the wheel arch:
This process is in particular practical when you don’t have enough space in the hood to access the front turn signal on your car:
Change the front turn signal bulb of your Nissan Sentra through the bumper:
On some years or finishes, according to the options the only simple access you will have to replace the front turn signal bulb of your car will be to pass under your front bumper, there are only a few steps that change from the full process, we will point them right now:
If you want more tutorials on the Nissan Sentra, go to our Nissan Sentra category.