Whether for your own security, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, ensuring that your turn signal bulbs are always functional is very important. In fact, bulbs are wearing parts that will definitely burn out over time and as a result need to be swapped out. You’re most likely here because one of your front turn signals is burnt out and you’re questioning how to change the bulb of a front turn signal on your Nissan Rogue, we’ve written and published this article to help you do it alone and not have to go to your auto mechanic. In a first part, we will have a look at the checking a burnt-out front turn signal bulb on your Nissan Rogue and in a second part, how to change the front turn signal bulb on your car..
How to discover if the front turn signal bulb on your Nissan Rogue is burnt out or needs to be swapped out?
When you drive your motor vehicle you don’t constantly have the opportunity to check all the security features of your Nissan Rogue. In fact, you are in general in a rush and tend to enter into your motor vehicle, make your trip and put it down right away without taking the time to do an periodic check-up. It is therefore crucial to take the time to occasionally check the condition of your headlights and turn signals. It’s quite possible that you have a front turn signal on your Nissan Rogue, but that you didn’t realize it. Here are the two simple techniques to verify if a front turn signal is burnt out or if you need to change it fairly quickly:
- When you stop, turn on the ignition on your car, then alternately turn on your left and right front turn signals and get out of the car to verify that they are working.
- By hearing to the sound of your blinkers. In fact, there is an audible sign on each car that signals you of a front turn indicator bulb burnt out on your Nissan Rogue, you will recognise that the time between each “click” is much shorter, this suggests that you will have to replace the front turn signal bulb or before. It’s up to you to check and check out which one is burnt out by a visual verify as on the first technique shown above.
You may have another bulb to change, like the one of your low beam or your position lights, don’t be reluctant to consult our blog posts to help you to do this replacement.
Replacing the front turn signal bulb on your Nissan Rogue
Now let’s go to the most essential part of this article, how to change the front turn signal bulb of your Nissan Rogue? Please note that this task is quite simple, you will have to access, from the inside of your bonnet, through the wheel arch, or through your bumper to your headlight unit, open it and change the burnt out front turn signal bulb of your Nissan Rogue. If it is a bulb on your rear turn signal, see our dedicated article. However, here are the details of the guidelines to stick to to be able to carry out this act properly dependant on the strategy you desire to choose.
Replace front turn signal bulb on your Nissan Rogue through the bonnet:
- Open your bonnet and clear access to your headlight pods.
- Use a torx tip to open the headlight unit on your car
- Unscrew the front turn signal bulb from your car by turning it a quarter turn counterclockwise
- Replace the front flasher bulb of your Nissan Rogue by the new one (make certain to check if it’s an orange or transparent bulb).
- Reassemble and test that the new front turn signal bulb functions.
- Lift your car, and take off the front wheel on the side you want to operate on.
- Take out your wheel arch with a torx bit.
- Go to your headlamp block and change the front turn signal bulb on your car following the same guidelines as on the part previously seen.
- Put your Nissan Rogue on a jack or a candle.
- Remove the screws of the motor shoe of your car(plastic part under your motor) and your shock absorber. Be mindful with the plastic staples which can be breakable.
- Take away your headlight block and change the front turn indicator bulb of your Nissan Rogue following the steps seen in the parts seen above.
- Put the whole thing back together again.
Replace the front turn signal bulb of your Nissan Rogue through the wheel arch:
This tactic is specially valuable when you don’t have enough space in the hood to access the front turn signal on your car:
Replace the front turn signal bulb of your Nissan Rogue through the bumper:
On some years or finishes, dependant on the options the only simple access you will have to change the front turn signal bulb of your car will be to pass under your front bumper, there are only a few steps that change from the full technique, we will point them now:
In the event that you have any further questions about the Nissan Rogue, do not hesitate to consult our Nissan Rogue category.