Whether for your own safety, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, making sure your turn signal bulbs are always functional is imperative. In reality, bulbs are wearing parts that will surely burn out after some time and as a consequence need to be changed. You’re quite likely here because one of your front turn signals is burnt out and you’re questioning how to change the bulb of a front turn signal on your Nissan Maxima, we’ve written this content to help you do it on your own and not have to go to your auto technician. In a first part, we will take a look at controling a burnt-out front turn signal bulb on your Nissan Maxima and in a second part, how to change the front turn signal bulb on your car..
How to find out if the front turn signal bulb on your Nissan Maxima is burnt out or needs to be changed?
When you drive your vehicle you don’t constantly have the possibility to examine all the safety features of your Nissan Maxima. In reality, you are most of the time in a hurry and tend to get into your vehicle, make your journey and put it down instantly without taking the time to do an occasional check-up. It is therefore important to take the time to in some cases examine the state of your headlights and turn signals. It’s quite possible that you have a front turn signal on your Nissan Maxima, but that you didn’t realize it. Here are the two simple techniques to verify if a front turn signal is burnt out or if you need to replace it promptly:
- When you stop, turn on the ignition on your car, then alternately turn on your left and right front turn signals and get out of the car to verify that they are functioning.
- By hearing to the sound of your blinkers. In reality, there is an audible indication on each car that warns you of a front turn indicator bulb burnt out on your Nissan Maxima, you will perceive that the time between each “click” is much shorter, this suggests that you will have to swap the front turn signal bulb or before. It’s up to you to examine and check which one is burnt out by a visual verify as on the first methodology shown above.
You may have another bulb to replace, like the one of your low beam or your position lights, don’t be reluctant to read our articles to help you to perform this replacement.
Changing the front turn signal bulb on your Nissan Maxima
Now let’s go to the main part of this content, how to replace the front turn signal bulb of your Nissan Maxima? Please be aware that this operation is quite simple, you will have to access, from the inside of your bonnet, through the wheel arch, or through your bumper to your headlight unit, open it and replace the burnt out front turn signal bulb of your Nissan Maxima. If it is a bulb on your rear turn signal, see our special content. However, here are the details of the steps to follow to be able to execute this action correctly dependant on the method you desire to adopt.
Change front turn signal bulb on your Nissan Maxima through the bonnet:
- Open your bonnet and clear access to your headlight pods.
- Use a torx tip to open the headlight unit on your car
- Unscrew the front turn signal bulb from your car by turning it a quarter turn counterclockwise
- Replace the front flasher bulb of your Nissan Maxima by the new one (ensure to examine if it’s an orange or transparent bulb).
- Reassemble and check that the brand-new front turn signal bulb operates.
- Lift your car, and take out the front wheel on the side you want to work on.
- Take out your wheel arch with a torx bit.
- Go to your headlamp block and replace the front turn signal bulb on your car following the same procedures as on the part previously seen.
- Put your Nissan Maxima on a jack or a candle.
- Remove the screws of the motor shoe of your car(plastic part under your motor) and your shock absorber. Be careful with the plastic staples which can be vulnerable.
- Take away your headlight block and replace the front turn indicator bulb of your Nissan Maxima following the steps seen in the parts seen previously.
- Put the whole thing back together again.
Change the front turn signal bulb of your Nissan Maxima through the wheel arch:
This technique is specifically valuable when you don’t have enough space in the hood to access the front turn signal on your car:
Replace the front turn signal bulb of your Nissan Maxima through the bumper:
On some years or finishes, dependant on the options the only simple access you will have to replace the front turn signal bulb of your car will be to pass under your front bumper, there are only a few steps that change from the full procedure, we will point them right now:
If you have any further questions about the Nissan Maxima, do not hesitate to consult our Nissan Maxima category.