It doesn’t matter if for your own safety, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, by ensuring your turn signal bulbs are always operational is very important. In reality, bulbs are wearing parts that will inevitably burn out after awhile and as a result need to be swapped out. You’re most certainly on the website because one of your front turn signals is burnt out and you’re wondering how to change the bulb of a front turn signal on your Nissan Juke, we’ve written this article to help you do it all on your own and not have to go to your repair shop. In a first step, we will take a look at controling a burnt-out front turn signal bulb on your Nissan Juke and in a second step, how to change the front turn signal bulb on your car..
How to recognize if the front turn signal bulb on your Nissan Juke is burnt out or needs to be changed?
When you drive your automobile you don’t always have the possibility to check all the safety components of your Nissan Juke. In reality, you are nearly always in a rush and tend to get into your automobile, make your trip and put it down right away without taking the time to do an regular check-up. It is consequently important to take the time to once in a while check the state of your headlights and turn signals. It’s quite possible that you have a front turn signal on your Nissan Juke, but that you didn’t detect it. Here are the two simple techniques to check if a front turn signal is burnt out or if you need to swap it quickly:
- When you stop, turn on the ignition on your car, then alternately turn on your left and right front turn signals and get out of the car to check that they are operational.
- By listening to the sound of your blinkers. In reality, there is an audible indication on each car that alerts you of a front turn indicator bulb burnt out on your Nissan Juke, you will recognize that the time between each “click” is much shorter, this denotes that you will have to change the front turn signal bulb or before. It’s up to you to check and make sure which one is burnt out by a visual check as on the first methodology shown earlier mentioned.
You may have an additional bulb to swap, like the one of your low beam or your position lights, don’t be reluctant to consult our articles to help you to complete this replacing.
Changing the front turn signal bulb on your Nissan Juke
Now let’s go to the main step of this article, how to replace the front turn signal bulb of your Nissan Juke? Take note that this task is fairly simple, you will need to access, from the inside of your bonnet, through the wheel arch, or through your bumper to your headlight unit, open it and replace the burnt out front turn signal bulb of your Nissan Juke. If it is a bulb on your rear turn signal, see our special article. Nevertheless, here are the details of the steps to follow in order to carry out this act correctly according to the technique you want to adopt.
Change front turn signal bulb on your Nissan Juke through the bonnet:
- Open your bonnet and clear access to your headlight pods.
- Use a torx tip to open the headlight unit on your car
- Unscrew the front turn signal bulb from your car by turning it a quarter turn counterclockwise
- Replace the front flasher bulb of your Nissan Juke by the new one (ensure to check if it’s an orange or transparent bulb).
- Reassemble and test that the brand-new front turn signal bulb functions.
- Lift your car, and take away the front wheel on the side you want to work on.
- Take out your wheel arch with a torx bit.
- Go to your headlamp block and swap the front turn signal bulb on your car following the same basic steps as on the part previously seen.
- Put your Nissan Juke on a jack or a candle.
- Remove the screws of the motor shoe of your car(plastic part under your motor) and your shock absorber. Be cautious with the plastic staples which can be breakable.
- Remove your headlight block and swap the front turn indicator bulb of your Nissan Juke following the steps seen in the parts seen above.
- Put the whole thing back together again.
Change the front turn signal bulb of your Nissan Juke through the wheel arch:
This technique is in particular useful when you don’t have enough space in the bonnet to access the front turn signal on your car:
Change the front turn signal bulb of your Nissan Juke through the bumper:
On some years or finishes, dependant on the options the only simple access you will have to swap the front turn signal bulb of your car will be to pass under your front bumper, there are only a few steps that change from the full procedure, we will detail them right now:
To get more tips on the Nissan Juke, take a look at the Nissan Juke category.