Whether for your own safety, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, ensuring that your turn signal bulbs are always functioning is necessary. In reality, bulbs are wearing parts that will obviously burn out with time and as a result need to be replaced. You’re most likely on this website because one of your front turn signals is burnt out and you’re questioning how to change the bulb of a front turn signal on your Mitsubishi Lancer, we’ve written this article to help you do it alone and not have to go to your mechanic. In a first section, we will examine the checking a burnt-out front turn signal bulb on your Mitsubishi Lancer and in a second section, how to change the front turn signal bulb on your car..
How to recognize if the front turn signal bulb on your Mitsubishi Lancer is burnt out or needs to be changed?
When you drive your vehicle you don’t always have the opportunity to examine all the safety features of your Mitsubishi Lancer. In reality, you are often times in a hurry and tend to get into your vehicle, make your journey and put it down right away without taking the time to do an periodic check-up. It is therefore relevant to take the time to occasionally examine the state of your headlights and turn signals. It’s quite possible that you have a front turn signal on your Mitsubishi Lancer, but that you didn’t detect it. Here are the two simple solutions to control if a front turn signal is burnt out or if you need to swap it quickly:
- When you stop, turn on the ignition on your car, then alternately turn on your left and right front turn signals and get out of the car to control that they are operational.
- By listening to the sound of your blinkers. In reality, there is an audible indicator on each car that alerts you of a front turn indicator bulb burnt out on your Mitsubishi Lancer, you will identify that the time between each “click” is much shorter, this means that you will have to change the front turn signal bulb or before. It’s up to you to examine and verify which one is burnt out by a visual control as on the first procedure shown previously.
You may have an additional bulb to swap, like the one of your low beam or your position lights, don’t hesitate to read our articles to help you to carry out this replacement.
Changing the front turn signal bulb on your Mitsubishi Lancer
Now let’s go to the most important section of this article, how to change the front turn signal bulb of your Mitsubishi Lancer? You should be aware that this technique is fairly simple, you will require to access, from the inside of your bonnet, through the wheel arch, or through your bumper to your headlight unit, open it and change the burnt out front turn signal bulb of your Mitsubishi Lancer. If it is a bulb on your rear turn signal, see our specific article. However, here are the details of the steps to follow to be able to execute this action correctly dependant on the solution you wish to choose.
Change front turn signal bulb on your Mitsubishi Lancer through the bonnet:
- Open your bonnet and clear access to your headlight pods.
- Use a torx tip to open the headlight unit on your car
- Unscrew the front turn signal bulb from your car by turning it a quarter turn counterclockwise
- Replace the front flasher bulb of your Mitsubishi Lancer by the new one (make certain to examine if it’s an orange or transparent bulb).
- Reassemble and test that the new front turn signal bulb operates.
- Lift your car, and remove the front wheel on the side you want to operate on.
- Take out your wheel arch with a torx bit.
- Go to your headlamp block and swap the front turn signal bulb on your car following the same basic steps as on the part previously seen.
- Put your Mitsubishi Lancer on a jack or a candle.
- Remove the screws of the motor shoe of your car(plastic part under your motor) and your shock absorber. Beware with the plastic staples which can be fragile.
- Remove your headlight block and swap the front turn indicator bulb of your Mitsubishi Lancer following the steps seen in the parts seen previously.
- Put the whole thing back together again.
Change the front turn signal bulb of your Mitsubishi Lancer through the wheel arch:
This procedure is in particular practical when you don’t have enough space in the hood to access the front turn signal on your car:
Replace the front turn signal bulb of your Mitsubishi Lancer through the bumper:
On some years or finishes, according to the options the only simple access you will have to swap the front turn signal bulb of your car will be to pass under your front bumper, there are only a few steps that change from the full procedure, we will explain them right now:
To get more tips on the Mitsubishi Lancer, take a look at the Mitsubishi Lancer category.