It doesn’t matter if for your own security, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, making sure your turn signal bulbs are always functioning is necessary. In fact, bulbs are wearing parts that will obviously burn out in the future and consequently need to be changed. You’re probably on the website because one of your front turn signals is burnt out and you’re wondering how to change the bulb of a front turn signal on your Mitsubishi L200, we’ve written this article to help you do it without hiring somebody and not have to go to your repair shop. In a first part, we will take a look at the checking a burnt-out front turn signal bulb on your Mitsubishi L200 and in a second part, how to change the front turn signal bulb on your car..
How to recognize if the front turn signal bulb on your Mitsubishi L200 is burnt out or needs to be changed?
When you drive your motor vehicle you don’t constantly have the opportunity to examine all the security features of your Mitsubishi L200. In fact, you are mostly in a hurry and tend to get into your motor vehicle, make your journey and put it down immediately without taking the time to do an occasional check-up. It is therefore essential to take the time to once in a while examine the condition of your headlights and turn signals. It’s quite possible that you have a front turn signal on your Mitsubishi L200, but that you didn’t realize it. Here are the two simple solutions to control if a front turn signal is burnt out or if you need to change it promptly:
- When you stop, turn on the ignition on your car, then alternately turn on your left and right front turn signals and get out of the car to control that they are functional.
- By hearing to the sound of your blinkers. In fact, there is an audible indicator on each car that warns you of a front turn indicator bulb burnt out on your Mitsubishi L200, you will find out that the time between each “click” is much closer, this denotes that you will have to replace the front turn signal bulb or before. It’s up to you to examine and make sure which one is burnt out by a visual control as on the first solution shown previously.
You may have an additional bulb to change, like the one of your low beam or your position lights, don’t be reluctant to read our articles to help you to do this replacing.
Changing the front turn signal bulb on your Mitsubishi L200
Now let’s go to the most important part of this article, how to replace the front turn signal bulb of your Mitsubishi L200? You should be aware that this procedure is very simple, you will require to access, from the inside of your bonnet, through the wheel arch, or simply by your bumper to your headlight unit, open it and replace the burnt out front turn signal bulb of your Mitsubishi L200. If it is a bulb on your rear turn signal, see our special article. However, here are the details of the simple steps to follow in order to perform this act efficiently dependant on the strategy you want to choose.
Replace front turn signal bulb on your Mitsubishi L200 through the bonnet:
- Open your bonnet and clear access to your headlight pods.
- Use a torx tip to open the headlight unit on your car
- Unscrew the front turn signal bulb from your car by turning it a quarter turn counterclockwise
- Replace the front flasher bulb of your Mitsubishi L200 by the new one (make certain to examine if it’s an orange or transparent bulb).
- Reassemble and check that the new front turn signal bulb is effective.
- Lift your car, and take away the front wheel on the side you want to operate on.
- Take out your wheel arch with a torx bit.
- Go to your headlamp block and change the front turn signal bulb on your car following the same procedures as on the part previously seen.
- Put your Mitsubishi L200 on a jack or a candle.
- Remove the screws of the motor shoe of your car(plastic part under your motor) and your shock absorber. Beware with the plastic staples which can be breakable.
- Remove your headlight block and change the front turn indicator bulb of your Mitsubishi L200 following the steps seen in the parts seen above.
- Put the whole thing back together again.
Replace the front turn signal bulb of your Mitsubishi L200 through the wheel arch:
This approach is particularly useful when you don’t have enough space in the hood to access the front turn signal on your car:
Replace the front turn signal bulb of your Mitsubishi L200 through the bumper:
On some years or finishes, dependant on the options the only simple access you will have to change the front turn signal bulb of your car will be to pass under your front bumper, there are only a few steps that change from the full process, we will point them right now:
To discover more tips on the Mitsubishi L200, take a look at the Mitsubishi L200 category.