Regardless for your own safety, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, ensuring your turn signal bulbs are always working is very important. In fact, bulbs are wearing parts that will predictably burn out over the years and as a consequence need to be replaced. You’re most certainly here because one of your front turn signals is burnt out and you’re questioning how to change the bulb of a front turn signal on your Mercury Mariner, we’ve written and published this content page to help you do it without hiring somebody and not have to go to your auto technician. In a first part, we will have a look at the checking a burnt-out front turn signal bulb on your Mercury Mariner and in a second part, how to change the front turn signal bulb on your car..
How to discover if the front turn signal bulb on your Mercury Mariner is burnt out or needs to be swapped out?
When you drive your vehicle you don’t always have the opportunity to check all the safety equipments of your Mercury Mariner. In fact, you are frequently in a hurry and tend to enter into your vehicle, make your trip and put it down immediately without taking the time to do an occasional check-up. It is consequently crucial to take the time to in some cases check the condition of your headlights and turn signals. It’s quite possible that you have a front turn signal on your Mercury Mariner, but that you didn’t become aware of it. Here are the two simple solutions to verify if a front turn signal is burnt out or if you need to change it rather quickly:
- When you stop, turn on the ignition on your car, then alternately turn on your left and right front turn signals and get out of the car to verify that they are operational.
- By hearing to the sound of your blinkers. In fact, there is an audible indication on each car that signals you of a front turn indicator bulb burnt out on your Mercury Mariner, you will notice that the time between each “click” is much shorter, this denotes that you will have to change the front turn signal bulb or before. It’s up to you to check and check out which one is burnt out by a visual verify as on the first solution shown earlier mentioned.
You may have another bulb to change, like the one of your low beam or your position lights, don’t be reluctant to browse our blog posts to help you to complete this replacing.
Replacing the front turn signal bulb on your Mercury Mariner
Now let’s go to the most important part of this content page, how to replace the front turn signal bulb of your Mercury Mariner? Take note that this procedure is uncomplicated, you will need to access, from the inside of your bonnet, through the wheel arch, or simply by your bumper to your headlight unit, open it and replace the burnt out front turn signal bulb of your Mercury Mariner. If it is a bulb on your rear turn signal, see our specific content page. However, here are the details of the actions to stick to to be able to conduct this act correctly depending on the strategy you wish to adopt.
Change front turn signal bulb on your Mercury Mariner through the bonnet:
- Open your bonnet and clear access to your headlight pods.
- Use a torx tip to open the headlight unit on your car
- Unscrew the front turn signal bulb from your car by turning it a quarter turn counterclockwise
- Replace the front flasher bulb of your Mercury Mariner by the new one (make sure to check if it’s an orange or transparent bulb).
- Reassemble and check that the new front turn signal bulb operates.
- Lift your car, and take off the front wheel on the side you want to work on.
- Take out your wheel arch with a torx bit.
- Go to your headlamp block and change the front turn signal bulb on your car following the same procedures as on the part previously seen.
- Put your Mercury Mariner on a jack or a candle.
- Remove the screws of the motor shoe of your car(plastic part under your motor) and your shock absorber. Be cautious with the plastic staples which can be vulnerable.
- Take away your headlight block and change the front turn indicator bulb of your Mercury Mariner following the steps seen in the parts seen earlier.
- Put the whole thing back together again.
Change the front turn signal bulb of your Mercury Mariner through the wheel arch:
This technique is specially practical when you don’t have enough space in the hood to access the front turn signal on your car:
Change the front turn signal bulb of your Mercury Mariner through the bumper:
On some years or finishes, according to the options the only simple access you will have to change the front turn signal bulb of your car will be to pass under your front bumper, there are only a few steps that change from the full procedure, we will detail them now:
Whenever you have any further questions about the Mercury Mariner, do not hesitate to consult our Mercury Mariner category.