It doesn’t matter if for your personal safety, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, ensuring your turn signal bulbs are always operational is imperative. In fact, bulbs are wearing parts that will inevitably burn out as time passes and as a result need to be changed. You’re almost certainly on the website because one of your front turn signals is burnt out and you’re questioning how to change the bulb of a front turn signal on your Mercedes C class, we’ve created this article content to help you do it alone and independently and not have to go to your technician. In a first section, we will take a look at controling a burnt-out front turn signal bulb on your Mercedes C class and in a second section, how to change the front turn signal bulb on your car..
How to recognize if the front turn signal bulb on your Mercedes C class is burnt out or needs to be replaced?
When you drive your automobile you don’t always have the possibility to check all the safety features of your Mercedes C class. In fact, you are in many cases in a hurry and tend to enter into your automobile, make your trip and put it down immediately without taking the time to do an occasional check-up. It is therefore important to take the time to sometimes check the condition of your headlights and turn signals. It’s quite possible that you have a front turn signal on your Mercedes C class, but that you didn’t detect it. Here are the two simple options to verify if a front turn signal is burnt out or if you need to replace it fairly quickly:
- When you stop, turn on the ignition on your car, then alternately turn on your left and right front turn signals and get out of the car to verify that they are functioning.
- By listening to the sound of your blinkers. In fact, there is an audible signal on each car that informs you of a front turn indicator bulb burnt out on your Mercedes C class, you will find out that the time between each “click” is much shorter, this denotes that you will have to swap the front turn signal bulb or before. It’s up to you to check and check which one is burnt out by a visual verify as on the first process shown above.
You may have an additional bulb to replace, like the one of your low beam or your position lights, don’t hesitate to consult our articles to help you to do this replacing.
Changing the front turn signal bulb on your Mercedes C class
Now let’s go to the main section of this article content, how to replace the front turn signal bulb of your Mercedes C class? Please note that this technique is uncomplicated, you will need to access, from the inside of your bonnet, through the wheel arch, or simply by your bumper to your headlight unit, open it and replace the burnt out front turn signal bulb of your Mercedes C class. If it is a bulb on your rear turn signal, see our dedicated article content. On the other hand, here are the details of the steps to follow to be able to accomplish this act efficiently dependant on the technique you want to adopt.
Replace front turn signal bulb on your Mercedes C class through the bonnet:
- Open your bonnet and clear access to your headlight pods.
- Use a torx tip to open the headlight unit on your car
- Unscrew the front turn signal bulb from your car by turning it a quarter turn counterclockwise
- Replace the front flasher bulb of your Mercedes C class by the new one (be sure to check if it’s an orange or transparent bulb).
- Reassemble and check that the brand-new front turn signal bulb functions.
- Lift your car, and take out the front wheel on the side you want to operate on.
- Take out your wheel arch with a torx bit.
- Go to your headlamp block and replace the front turn signal bulb on your car following the same steps as on the part previously seen.
- Put your Mercedes C class on a jack or a candle.
- Remove the screws of the motor shoe of your car(plastic part under your motor) and your shock absorber. Be careful with the plastic staples which can be delicate.
- Remove your headlight block and replace the front turn indicator bulb of your Mercedes C class following the steps seen in the parts seen above.
- Put the whole thing back together again.
Replace the front turn signal bulb of your Mercedes C class through the wheel arch:
This methodology is in particular practical when you don’t have enough space in the hood to access the front turn signal on your car:
Replace the front turn signal bulb of your Mercedes C class through the bumper:
On some years or finishes, according to the options the only simple access you will have to replace the front turn signal bulb of your car will be to pass under your front bumper, there are only a few steps that change from the full procedure, we will explain them now:
If you have any further questions about the Mercedes C class, do not hesitate to consult our Mercedes C class category.