Regardless for your own safety, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, being sure your turn signal bulbs are always operational is extremely important. In fact, bulbs are wearing parts that will definitely burn out after awhile and therefore need to be replaced. You’re most certainly here because one of your front turn signals is burnt out and you’re questioning how to change the bulb of a front turn signal on your Mercedes Benz Sprinter, we’ve made this document to help you do it without help and not have to go to your repair shop. In a first step, we will take a look at the checking a burnt-out front turn signal bulb on your Mercedes Benz Sprinter and in a second step, how to change the front turn signal bulb on your car..
How to discover if the front turn signal bulb on your Mercedes Benz Sprinter is burnt out or needs to be changed?
When you drive your automobile you don’t always have the possibility to examine all the safety components of your Mercedes Benz Sprinter. In fact, you are often times in a rush and tend to get into your automobile, make your journey and put it down instantly without taking the time to do an unexpected check-up. It is therefore essential to take the time to once in a while examine the condition of your headlights and turn signals. It’s quite possible that you have a front turn signal on your Mercedes Benz Sprinter, but that you didn’t detect it. Here are the two simple techniques to examine if a front turn signal is burnt out or if you need to swap it quickly:
- When you stop, turn on the ignition on your car, then alternately turn on your left and right front turn signals and get out of the car to examine that they are working.
- By hearing to the sound of your blinkers. In fact, there is an audible indicator on each car that alerts you of a front turn indicator bulb burnt out on your Mercedes Benz Sprinter, you will notice that the time between each “click” is much shorter, this denotes that you will have to swap the front turn signal bulb or before. It’s up to you to examine and verify which one is burnt out by a visual examine as on the first procedure shown previously.
You may have an additional bulb to swap, like the one of your low beam or your position lights, don’t be reluctant to browse our content articles to help you to carry out this substitution.
Replacing the front turn signal bulb on your Mercedes Benz Sprinter
Now let’s go to the most significant step of this document, how to replace the front turn signal bulb of your Mercedes Benz Sprinter? Take note that this operation is very simple, you will need to access, from the inside of your bonnet, through the wheel arch, or through your bumper to your headlight unit, open it and replace the burnt out front turn signal bulb of your Mercedes Benz Sprinter. If it is a bulb on your rear turn signal, see our dedicated document. Nevertheless, here are the details of the simple steps to stick to in order to perform this action efficiently according to the technique you want to choose.
Change front turn signal bulb on your Mercedes Benz Sprinter through the bonnet:
- Open your bonnet and clear access to your headlight pods.
- Use a torx tip to open the headlight unit on your car
- Unscrew the front turn signal bulb from your car by turning it a quarter turn counterclockwise
- Replace the front flasher bulb of your Mercedes Benz Sprinter by the new one (make certain to examine if it’s an orange or transparent bulb).
- Reassemble and check that the brand-new front turn signal bulb operates.
- Lift your car, and take off the front wheel on the side you want to operate on.
- Take out your wheel arch with a torx bit.
- Go to your headlamp block and swap the front turn signal bulb on your car following the same steps as on the part previously seen.
- Put your Mercedes Benz Sprinter on a jack or a candle.
- Remove the screws of the motor shoe of your car(plastic part under your motor) and your shock absorber. Be mindful with the plastic staples which can be breakable.
- Take away your headlight block and swap the front turn indicator bulb of your Mercedes Benz Sprinter following the steps seen in the parts seen earlier.
- Put the whole thing back together again.
Change the front turn signal bulb of your Mercedes Benz Sprinter through the wheel arch:
This tactic is especially effective when you don’t have enough space in the hood to access the front turn signal on your car:
Change the front turn signal bulb of your Mercedes Benz Sprinter through the bumper:
On some years or finishes, depending on the options the only simple access you will have to swap the front turn signal bulb of your car will be to pass under your front bumper, there are only a few steps that change from the full process, we will point them now:
If you wish more tutorials on the Mercedes Benz Sprinter, go to our Mercedes Benz Sprinter category.