Regardless whether for your own safety, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, making sure your turn signal bulbs are always working is necessary. In fact, bulbs are wearing parts that will obviously burn out in the future and therefore need to be changed. You’re quite likely here because one of your front turn signals is burnt out and you’re questioning how to change the bulb of a front turn signal on your Mercedes Benz GLK, we’ve created this article to help you do it alone and not have to go to your auto technician. In a first section, we will take a look at controling a burnt-out front turn signal bulb on your Mercedes Benz GLK and in a second section, how to change the front turn signal bulb on your car..
How to find out if the front turn signal bulb on your Mercedes Benz GLK is burnt out or needs to be replaced?
When you drive your car you don’t constantly have the opportunity to check all the safety features of your Mercedes Benz GLK. In fact, you are often times in a hurry and tend to enter into your car, make your trip and put it down instantly without taking the time to do an regular check-up. It is consequently fundamental to take the time to once in a while check the state of your headlights and turn signals. It’s quite possible that you have a front turn signal on your Mercedes Benz GLK, but that you didn’t notice it. Here are the two simple methods to check if a front turn signal is burnt out or if you need to replace it promptly:
- When you stop, turn on the ignition on your car, then alternately turn on your left and right front turn signals and get out of the car to check that they are operational.
- By listening to the sound of your blinkers. In fact, there is an audible signal on each car that informs you of a front turn indicator bulb burnt out on your Mercedes Benz GLK, you will find out that the time between each “click” is much closer, this suggests that you will have to change the front turn signal bulb or before. It’s up to you to check and make sure which one is burnt out by a visual check as on the first solution shown previously.
You may have another bulb to replace, like the one of your low beam or your position lights, don’t be reluctant to read our blog posts to help you to achieve this substitution.
Replacing the front turn signal bulb on your Mercedes Benz GLK
Now let’s go to the most significant section of this article, how to replace the front turn signal bulb of your Mercedes Benz GLK? Please be aware that this process is fairly simple, you will require to access, from the inside of your bonnet, through the wheel arch, or simply by your bumper to your headlight unit, open it and replace the burnt out front turn signal bulb of your Mercedes Benz GLK. If it is a bulb on your rear turn signal, see our special article. However, here are the details of the simple steps to stick to in order to execute this act correctly depending on the method you desire to choose.
Replace front turn signal bulb on your Mercedes Benz GLK through the bonnet:
- Open your bonnet and clear access to your headlight pods.
- Use a torx tip to open the headlight unit on your car
- Unscrew the front turn signal bulb from your car by turning it a quarter turn counterclockwise
- Replace the front flasher bulb of your Mercedes Benz GLK by the new one (make certain to check if it’s an orange or transparent bulb).
- Reassemble and check that the new front turn signal bulb works.
- Lift your car, and remove the front wheel on the side you want to work on.
- Take out your wheel arch with a torx bit.
- Go to your headlamp block and replace the front turn signal bulb on your car following the same procedures as on the part previously seen.
- Put your Mercedes Benz GLK on a jack or a candle.
- Remove the screws of the motor shoe of your car(plastic part under your motor) and your shock absorber. Beware with the plastic staples which can be vulnerable.
- Take off your headlight block and replace the front turn indicator bulb of your Mercedes Benz GLK following the steps seen in the parts seen previously.
- Put the whole thing back together again.
Replace the front turn signal bulb of your Mercedes Benz GLK through the wheel arch:
This methodology is especially practical when you don’t have enough space in the bonnet to access the front turn signal on your car:
Replace the front turn signal bulb of your Mercedes Benz GLK through the bumper:
On some years or finishes, dependant on the options the only simple access you will have to replace the front turn signal bulb of your car will be to pass under your front bumper, there are only a few steps that change from the full technique, we will detail them right now:
To get more tips on the Mercedes Benz GLK, take a look at the Mercedes Benz GLK category.