Regardless whether for your personal security, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, by ensuring your turn signal bulbs are always operational is imperative. In fact, bulbs are wearing parts that will undoubtedly burn out in the future and as a consequence need to be swapped out. You’re probably on this website because one of your front turn signals is burnt out and you’re questioning how to change the bulb of a front turn signal on your Mercedes Benz C Class, we’ve written this article content to help you do it alone and not have to go to your auto mechanic. In a first section, we will have a look at the checking a burnt-out front turn signal bulb on your Mercedes Benz C Class and in a second section, how to change the front turn signal bulb on your car..
How to know if the front turn signal bulb on your Mercedes Benz C Class is burnt out or needs to be changed?
When you drive your automobile you don’t constantly have the opportunity to examine all the security equipments of your Mercedes Benz C Class. In fact, you are in many cases in a hurry and tend to get into your automobile, make your journey and put it down right away without taking the time to do an regular check-up. It is as a result important to take the time to occasionally examine the state of your headlights and turn signals. It’s quite possible that you have a front turn signal on your Mercedes Benz C Class, but that you didn’t notice it. Here are the two simple options to examine if a front turn signal is burnt out or if you need to change it fairly quickly:
- When you stop, turn on the ignition on your car, then alternately turn on your left and right front turn signals and get out of the car to examine that they are working.
- By hearing to the sound of your blinkers. In fact, there is an audible indicator on each car that alerts you of a front turn indicator bulb burnt out on your Mercedes Benz C Class, you will perceive that the time between each “click” is much shorter, this denotes that you will have to replace the front turn signal bulb or before. It’s up to you to examine and examine which one is burnt out by a visual examine as on the first procedure shown earlier mentioned.
You may have another bulb to change, like the one of your low beam or your position lights, don’t hesitate to consult our articles to help you to conduct this replacement.
Replacing the front turn signal bulb on your Mercedes Benz C Class
Now let’s go to the most significant section of this article content, how to change the front turn signal bulb of your Mercedes Benz C Class? Take note that this procedure is quite easy, you will need to access, from the inside of your bonnet, through the wheel arch, or simply by your bumper to your headlight unit, open it and change the burnt out front turn signal bulb of your Mercedes Benz C Class. If it is a bulb on your rear turn signal, see our special article content. On the other hand, here are the details of the guidelines to follow to be able to accomplish this act properly according to the strategy you desire to adopt.
Replace front turn signal bulb on your Mercedes Benz C Class through the bonnet:
- Open your bonnet and clear access to your headlight pods.
- Use a torx tip to open the headlight unit on your car
- Unscrew the front turn signal bulb from your car by turning it a quarter turn counterclockwise
- Replace the front flasher bulb of your Mercedes Benz C Class by the new one (make sure to examine if it’s an orange or transparent bulb).
- Reassemble and check that the new front turn signal bulb works.
- Lift your car, and take off the front wheel on the side you want to operate on.
- Take out your wheel arch with a torx bit.
- Go to your headlamp block and change the front turn signal bulb on your car following the same simple steps as on the part previously seen.
- Put your Mercedes Benz C Class on a jack or a candle.
- Remove the screws of the motor shoe of your car(plastic part under your motor) and your shock absorber. Be mindful with the plastic staples which can be delicate.
- Remove your headlight block and change the front turn indicator bulb of your Mercedes Benz C Class following the steps seen in the parts seen earlier.
- Put the whole thing back together again.
Replace the front turn signal bulb of your Mercedes Benz C Class through the wheel arch:
This process is especially practical when you don’t have enough space in the bonnet to access the front turn signal on your car:
Change the front turn signal bulb of your Mercedes Benz C Class through the bumper:
On some years or finishes, according to the options the only simple access you will have to change the front turn signal bulb of your car will be to pass under your front bumper, there are only a few steps that change from the full process, we will describe them right now:
In the event that you have any further questions about the Mercedes Benz C Class, do not hesitate to consult our Mercedes Benz C Class category.