Regardless whether for your own security, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, ensuring your turn signal bulbs are always functioning is very important. In reality, bulbs are wearing parts that will undoubtedly burn out with time and as a consequence need to be swapped out. You’re perhaps on this website because one of your front turn signals is burnt out and you’re questioning how to change the bulb of a front turn signal on your Lincoln Continental, we’ve written this content to help you do it all on your own and not have to go to your mechanic. In a first section, we will have a look at controling a burnt-out front turn signal bulb on your Lincoln Continental and in a second section, how to change the front turn signal bulb on your car..
How to recognize if the front turn signal bulb on your Lincoln Continental is burnt out or needs to be replaced?
When you drive your vehicle you don’t constantly have the opportunity to verify all the security equipments of your Lincoln Continental. In reality, you are often in a hurry and tend to get into your vehicle, make your trip and put it down immediately without taking the time to do an regular check-up. It is therefore important to take the time to occasionally verify the condition of your headlights and turn signals. It’s quite possible that you have a front turn signal on your Lincoln Continental, but that you didn’t realize it. Here are the two simple ways to control if a front turn signal is burnt out or if you need to swap it quickly:
- When you stop, turn on the ignition on your car, then alternately turn on your left and right front turn signals and get out of the car to control that they are working.
- By listening to the sound of your blinkers. In reality, there is an audible sign on each car that warns you of a front turn indicator bulb burnt out on your Lincoln Continental, you will notice that the time between each “click” is much shorter, this denotes that you will have to replace the front turn signal bulb or before. It’s up to you to verify and check out which one is burnt out by a visual control as on the first process shown earlier mentioned.
You may have an additional bulb to swap, like the one of your low beam or your position lights, don’t be reluctant to read our content articles to help you to perform this replacement.
Changing the front turn signal bulb on your Lincoln Continental
Now let’s go to the most significant section of this content, how to replace the front turn signal bulb of your Lincoln Continental? Please note that this operation is quite easy, you will require to access, from the inside of your bonnet, through the wheel arch, or simply by your bumper to your headlight unit, open it and replace the burnt out front turn signal bulb of your Lincoln Continental. If it is a bulb on your rear turn signal, see our special content. Nevertheless, here are the details of the steps to stick to to be able to execute this action properly depending on the approach you want to adopt.
Replace front turn signal bulb on your Lincoln Continental through the bonnet:
- Open your bonnet and clear access to your headlight pods.
- Use a torx tip to open the headlight unit on your car
- Unscrew the front turn signal bulb from your car by turning it a quarter turn counterclockwise
- Replace the front flasher bulb of your Lincoln Continental by the new one (be sure to verify if it’s an orange or transparent bulb).
- Reassemble and check that the new front turn signal bulb functions.
- Lift your car, and take away the front wheel on the side you want to operate on.
- Take out your wheel arch with a torx bit.
- Go to your headlamp block and swap the front turn signal bulb on your car following the same simple steps as on the part previously seen.
- Put your Lincoln Continental on a jack or a candle.
- Remove the screws of the motor shoe of your car(plastic part under your motor) and your shock absorber. Be careful with the plastic staples which can be breakable.
- Take away your headlight block and swap the front turn indicator bulb of your Lincoln Continental following the steps seen in the parts seen previously.
- Put the whole thing back together again.
Replace the front turn signal bulb of your Lincoln Continental through the wheel arch:
This methodology is extremely valuable when you don’t have enough space in the bonnet to access the front turn signal on your car:
Change the front turn signal bulb of your Lincoln Continental through the bumper:
On some years or finishes, depending on the options the only simple access you will have to swap the front turn signal bulb of your car will be to pass under your front bumper, there are only a few steps that change from the full process, we will detail them right now:
If you have any further questions about the Lincoln Continental, do not hesitate to consult our Lincoln Continental category.