Regardless whether for your own security, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, making sure your turn signal bulbs are always functional is very important. Indeed, bulbs are wearing parts that will inevitably burn out after some time and as a consequence need to be swapped out. You’re almost certainly here because one of your front turn signals is burnt out and you’re wondering how to change the bulb of a front turn signal on your Lexus GX, we’ve created this content to help you do it alone and not have to go to your mechanic. In a first part, we will examine controling a burnt-out front turn signal bulb on your Lexus GX and in a second part, how to change the front turn signal bulb on your car..
How to know if the front turn signal bulb on your Lexus GX is burnt out or needs to be swapped out?
When you drive your vehicle you don’t always have the opportunity to check all the security features of your Lexus GX. Indeed, you are often in a hurry and tend to get into your vehicle, make your journey and put it down immediately without taking the time to do an unexpected check-up. It is therefore essential to take the time to occasionally check the state of your headlights and turn signals. It’s quite possible that you have a front turn signal on your Lexus GX, but that you didn’t realize it. Here are the two simple solutions to examine if a front turn signal is burnt out or if you need to change it rather quickly:
- When you stop, turn on the ignition on your car, then alternately turn on your left and right front turn signals and get out of the car to examine that they are functional.
- By listening to the sound of your blinkers. Indeed, there is an audible sign on each car that informs you of a front turn indicator bulb burnt out on your Lexus GX, you will identify that the time between each “click” is much shorter, this means that you will have to swap the front turn signal bulb or before. It’s up to you to check and check which one is burnt out by a visual examine as on the first procedure shown above.
You may have another bulb to change, like the one of your low beam or your position lights, don’t be reluctant to read our articles to help you to do this substitution.
Replacing the front turn signal bulb on your Lexus GX
Now let’s go to the main part of this content, how to replace the front turn signal bulb of your Lexus GX? Please be aware that this task is quite easy, you will have to access, from the inside of your bonnet, through the wheel arch, or simply by your bumper to your headlight unit, open it and replace the burnt out front turn signal bulb of your Lexus GX. If it is a bulb on your rear turn signal, see our dedicated content. Nevertheless, here are the details of the simple steps to follow in order to carry out this act correctly according to the method you desire to choose.
Change front turn signal bulb on your Lexus GX through the bonnet:
- Open your bonnet and clear access to your headlight pods.
- Use a torx tip to open the headlight unit on your car
- Unscrew the front turn signal bulb from your car by turning it a quarter turn counterclockwise
- Replace the front flasher bulb of your Lexus GX by the new one (make sure to check if it’s an orange or transparent bulb).
- Reassemble and test that the brand-new front turn signal bulb operates.
- Lift your car, and take out the front wheel on the side you want to work on.
- Take out your wheel arch with a torx bit.
- Go to your headlamp block and change the front turn signal bulb on your car following the same simple steps as on the part previously seen.
- Put your Lexus GX on a jack or a candle.
- Remove the screws of the motor shoe of your car(plastic part under your motor) and your shock absorber. Be careful with the plastic staples which can be delicate.
- Remove your headlight block and change the front turn indicator bulb of your Lexus GX following the steps seen in the parts seen previously.
- Put the whole thing back together again.
Change the front turn signal bulb of your Lexus GX through the wheel arch:
This solution is particularly valuable when you don’t have enough space in the bonnet to access the front turn signal on your car:
Change the front turn signal bulb of your Lexus GX through the bumper:
On some years or finishes, based on the options the only simple access you will have to change the front turn signal bulb of your car will be to pass under your front bumper, there are only a few steps that change from the full technique, we will detail them now:
If you want more guides on the Lexus GX, go to our Lexus GX category.