It doesn’t matter if for your personal security, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, making sure your turn signal bulbs are always functioning is extremely important. In fact, bulbs are wearing parts that will obviously burn out in the future and consequently need to be changed. You’re quite likely on the website because one of your front turn signals is burnt out and you’re wondering how to change the bulb of a front turn signal on your Lexus GS, we’ve made this article content to help you do it alone and not have to go to your technician. In a first step, we will have a look at the checking a burnt-out front turn signal bulb on your Lexus GS and in a second step, how to change the front turn signal bulb on your car..
How to find out if the front turn signal bulb on your Lexus GS is burnt out or needs to be changed?
When you drive your automobile you don’t always have the opportunity to verify all the security features of your Lexus GS. In fact, you are often times in a rush and tend to enter into your automobile, make your trip and put it down instantly without taking the time to do an regular check-up. It is therefore important to take the time to once in a while verify the condition of your headlights and turn signals. It’s quite possible that you have a front turn signal on your Lexus GS, but that you didn’t realize it. Here are the two simple solutions to check if a front turn signal is burnt out or if you need to swap it quickly:
- When you stop, turn on the ignition on your car, then alternately turn on your left and right front turn signals and get out of the car to check that they are functional.
- By hearing to the sound of your blinkers. In fact, there is an audible indication on each car that warns you of a front turn indicator bulb burnt out on your Lexus GS, you will find out that the time between each “click” is much closer, this means that you will have to replace the front turn signal bulb or before. It’s up to you to verify and check which one is burnt out by a visual check as on the first technique shown previously.
You may have an additional bulb to swap, like the one of your low beam or your position lights, don’t be reluctant to browse our content articles to help you to accomplish this replacing.
Changing the front turn signal bulb on your Lexus GS
Now let’s go to the most significant step of this article content, how to replace the front turn signal bulb of your Lexus GS? Please note that this technique is really easy, you will require to access, from the inside of your bonnet, through the wheel arch, or through your bumper to your headlight unit, open it and replace the burnt out front turn signal bulb of your Lexus GS. If it is a bulb on your rear turn signal, see our special article content. Nevertheless, here are the details of the actions to follow to be able to execute this act efficiently according to the solution you desire to choose.
Change front turn signal bulb on your Lexus GS through the bonnet:
- Open your bonnet and clear access to your headlight pods.
- Use a torx tip to open the headlight unit on your car
- Unscrew the front turn signal bulb from your car by turning it a quarter turn counterclockwise
- Replace the front flasher bulb of your Lexus GS by the new one (ensure to verify if it’s an orange or transparent bulb).
- Reassemble and test that the brand-new front turn signal bulb works.
- Lift your car, and take away the front wheel on the side you want to operate on.
- Take out your wheel arch with a torx bit.
- Go to your headlamp block and swap the front turn signal bulb on your car following the same guidelines as on the part previously seen.
- Put your Lexus GS on a jack or a candle.
- Remove the screws of the motor shoe of your car(plastic part under your motor) and your shock absorber. Be careful with the plastic staples which can be breakable.
- Remove your headlight block and swap the front turn indicator bulb of your Lexus GS following the steps seen in the parts seen previously.
- Put the whole thing back together again.
Change the front turn signal bulb of your Lexus GS through the wheel arch:
This procedure is particularly practical when you don’t have enough space in the bonnet to access the front turn signal on your car:
Change the front turn signal bulb of your Lexus GS through the bumper:
On some years or finishes, depending on the options the only simple access you will have to swap the front turn signal bulb of your car will be to pass under your front bumper, there are only a few steps that change from the full technique, we will describe them right now:
If you want more guides on the Lexus GS, go to our Lexus GS category.