It doesn’t matter if for your own safety, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, being certain your turn signal bulbs are always working is important. Indeed, bulbs are wearing parts that will inevitably burn out as time passes and as a consequence need to be changed. You’re probably on the website because one of your front turn signals is burnt out and you’re wondering how to change the bulb of a front turn signal on your Jeep Compass, we’ve written this article content to help you do it without help and not have to go to your auto technician. In a first section, we will examine the checking a burnt-out front turn signal bulb on your Jeep Compass and in a second section, how to change the front turn signal bulb on your car..
How to recognise if the front turn signal bulb on your Jeep Compass is burnt out or needs to be swapped out?
When you drive your vehicle you don’t constantly have the possibility to verify all the safety components of your Jeep Compass. Indeed, you are in many cases in a rush and tend to enter into your vehicle, make your journey and put it down immediately without taking the time to do an occasional check-up. It is as a consequence crucial to take the time to in some cases verify the condition of your headlights and turn signals. It’s quite possible that you have a front turn signal on your Jeep Compass, but that you didn’t realize it. Here are the two simple techniques to examine if a front turn signal is burnt out or if you need to replace it quickly:
- When you stop, turn on the ignition on your car, then alternately turn on your left and right front turn signals and get out of the car to examine that they are functional.
- By hearing to the sound of your blinkers. Indeed, there is an audible indicator on each car that warns you of a front turn indicator bulb burnt out on your Jeep Compass, you will identify that the time between each “click” is much shorter, this denotes that you will have to swap the front turn signal bulb or before. It’s up to you to verify and check which one is burnt out by a visual examine as on the first technique shown previously.
You may have an additional bulb to replace, like the one of your low beam or your position lights, don’t be reluctant to read our blog posts to help you to complete this replacing.
Changing the front turn signal bulb on your Jeep Compass
Now let’s go to the most important section of this article content, how to change the front turn signal bulb of your Jeep Compass? Please note that this task is really easy, you will need to access, from the inside of your bonnet, through the wheel arch, or through your bumper to your headlight unit, open it and change the burnt out front turn signal bulb of your Jeep Compass. If it is a bulb on your rear turn signal, see our specific article content. However, here are the details of the guidelines to stick to to be able to perform this action efficiently dependant on the technique you want to choose.
Replace front turn signal bulb on your Jeep Compass through the bonnet:
- Open your bonnet and clear access to your headlight pods.
- Use a torx tip to open the headlight unit on your car
- Unscrew the front turn signal bulb from your car by turning it a quarter turn counterclockwise
- Replace the front flasher bulb of your Jeep Compass by the new one (make sure to verify if it’s an orange or transparent bulb).
- Reassemble and check that the brand-new front turn signal bulb operates.
- Lift your car, and take away the front wheel on the side you want to work on.
- Take out your wheel arch with a torx bit.
- Go to your headlamp block and replace the front turn signal bulb on your car following the same guidelines as on the part previously seen.
- Put your Jeep Compass on a jack or a candle.
- Remove the screws of the motor shoe of your car(plastic part under your motor) and your shock absorber. Beware with the plastic staples which can be breakable.
- Take out your headlight block and replace the front turn indicator bulb of your Jeep Compass following the steps seen in the parts seen previously.
- Put the whole thing back together again.
Replace the front turn signal bulb of your Jeep Compass through the wheel arch:
This process is particularly valuable when you don’t have enough space in the bonnet to access the front turn signal on your car:
Change the front turn signal bulb of your Jeep Compass through the bumper:
On some years or finishes, depending on the options the only simple access you will have to replace the front turn signal bulb of your car will be to pass under your front bumper, there are only a few steps that change from the full technique, we will explain them now:
If you need more tutorials on the Jeep Compass, go to our Jeep Compass category.