Whether for your own security, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, by ensuring your turn signal bulbs are always working is extremely important. In fact, bulbs are wearing parts that will predictably burn out over the years and as a consequence need to be changed. You’re most likely on this website because one of your front turn signals is burnt out and you’re wondering how to change the bulb of a front turn signal on your Hyundai Veloster, we’ve written this content page to help you do it alone and independently and not have to go to your repair shop. In a first section, we will take a look at controling a burnt-out front turn signal bulb on your Hyundai Veloster and in a second section, how to change the front turn signal bulb on your car..
How to recognise if the front turn signal bulb on your Hyundai Veloster is burnt out or needs to be swapped out?
When you drive your motor vehicle you don’t always have the opportunity to examine all the security features of your Hyundai Veloster. In fact, you are most of the time in a rush and tend to get into your motor vehicle, make your trip and put it down right away without taking the time to do an regular check-up. It is as a consequence important to take the time to in some cases examine the state of your headlights and turn signals. It’s quite possible that you have a front turn signal on your Hyundai Veloster, but that you didn’t realize it. Here are the two simple solutions to verify if a front turn signal is burnt out or if you need to swap it rather quickly:
- When you stop, turn on the ignition on your car, then alternately turn on your left and right front turn signals and get out of the car to verify that they are functioning.
- By hearing to the sound of your blinkers. In fact, there is an audible indication on each car that warns you of a front turn indicator bulb burnt out on your Hyundai Veloster, you will perceive that the time between each “click” is much closer, this means that you will have to change the front turn signal bulb or before. It’s up to you to examine and check which one is burnt out by a visual verify as on the first process shown above.
You may have another bulb to swap, like the one of your low beam or your position lights, don’t hesitate to consult our blog posts to help you to carry out this substitution.
Replacing the front turn signal bulb on your Hyundai Veloster
Now let’s go to the most important section of this content page, how to change the front turn signal bulb of your Hyundai Veloster? Please note that this technique is fairly simple, you will need to access, from the inside of your bonnet, through the wheel arch, or through your bumper to your headlight unit, open it and change the burnt out front turn signal bulb of your Hyundai Veloster. If it is a bulb on your rear turn signal, see our dedicated content page. On the other hand, here are the details of the simple steps to stick to to be able to perform this act accurately depending on the method you desire to adopt.
Change front turn signal bulb on your Hyundai Veloster through the bonnet:
- Open your bonnet and clear access to your headlight pods.
- Use a torx tip to open the headlight unit on your car
- Unscrew the front turn signal bulb from your car by turning it a quarter turn counterclockwise
- Replace the front flasher bulb of your Hyundai Veloster by the new one (make certain to examine if it’s an orange or transparent bulb).
- Reassemble and test that the new front turn signal bulb operates.
- Lift your car, and remove the front wheel on the side you want to work on.
- Take out your wheel arch with a torx bit.
- Go to your headlamp block and swap the front turn signal bulb on your car following the same guidelines as on the part previously seen.
- Put your Hyundai Veloster on a jack or a candle.
- Remove the screws of the motor shoe of your car(plastic part under your motor) and your shock absorber. Be mindful with the plastic staples which can be delicate.
- Remove your headlight block and swap the front turn indicator bulb of your Hyundai Veloster following the steps seen in the parts seen earlier.
- Put the whole thing back together again.
Change the front turn signal bulb of your Hyundai Veloster through the wheel arch:
This process is extremely practical when you don’t have enough space in the hood to access the front turn signal on your car:
Change the front turn signal bulb of your Hyundai Veloster through the bumper:
On some years or finishes, depending on the options the only simple access you will have to swap the front turn signal bulb of your car will be to pass under your front bumper, there are only a few steps that change from the full procedure, we will point them right now:
If you wish more guides on the Hyundai Veloster, go to our Hyundai Veloster category.