It doesn’t matter if for your personal safety, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, ensuring that your turn signal bulbs are always working is imperative. In reality, bulbs are wearing parts that will predictably burn out with time and therefore need to be changed. You’re perhaps on this website because one of your front turn signals is burnt out and you’re questioning how to change the bulb of a front turn signal on your Hyundai Tucson, we’ve written this document to help you do it on your own and not have to go to your mechanic. In a first section, we will look at controling a burnt-out front turn signal bulb on your Hyundai Tucson and in a second section, how to change the front turn signal bulb on your car..
How to recognize if the front turn signal bulb on your Hyundai Tucson is burnt out or needs to be replaced?
When you drive your automobile you don’t constantly have the possibility to examine all the safety equipments of your Hyundai Tucson. In reality, you are mostly in a rush and tend to get into your automobile, make your trip and put it down immediately without taking the time to do an occasional check-up. It is consequently fundamental to take the time to sometimes examine the state of your headlights and turn signals. It’s quite possible that you have a front turn signal on your Hyundai Tucson, but that you didn’t realize it. Here are the two simple ways to examine if a front turn signal is burnt out or if you need to swap it quickly:
- When you stop, turn on the ignition on your car, then alternately turn on your left and right front turn signals and get out of the car to examine that they are working.
- By listening to the sound of your blinkers. In reality, there is an audible indication on each car that informs you of a front turn indicator bulb burnt out on your Hyundai Tucson, you will notice that the time between each “click” is much shorter, this means that you will have to change the front turn signal bulb or before. It’s up to you to examine and check which one is burnt out by a visual examine as on the first technique shown above.
You may have an additional bulb to swap, like the one of your low beam or your position lights, don’t hesitate to read our content articles to help you to do this replacement.
Replacing the front turn signal bulb on your Hyundai Tucson
Now let’s go to the most essential section of this document, how to change the front turn signal bulb of your Hyundai Tucson? Take note that this technique is quite simple, you will have to access, from the inside of your bonnet, through the wheel arch, or simply by your bumper to your headlight unit, open it and change the burnt out front turn signal bulb of your Hyundai Tucson. If it is a bulb on your rear turn signal, see our special document. Nevertheless, here are the details of the guidelines to stick to to be able to carry out this act efficiently dependant on the approach you desire to adopt.
Change front turn signal bulb on your Hyundai Tucson through the bonnet:
- Open your bonnet and clear access to your headlight pods.
- Use a torx tip to open the headlight unit on your car
- Unscrew the front turn signal bulb from your car by turning it a quarter turn counterclockwise
- Replace the front flasher bulb of your Hyundai Tucson by the new one (make sure to examine if it’s an orange or transparent bulb).
- Reassemble and test that the new front turn signal bulb works.
- Lift your car, and take away the front wheel on the side you want to work on.
- Take out your wheel arch with a torx bit.
- Go to your headlamp block and swap the front turn signal bulb on your car following the same simple steps as on the part previously seen.
- Put your Hyundai Tucson on a jack or a candle.
- Remove the screws of the motor shoe of your car(plastic part under your motor) and your shock absorber. Be careful with the plastic staples which can be breakable.
- Remove your headlight block and swap the front turn indicator bulb of your Hyundai Tucson following the steps seen in the parts seen earlier.
- Put the whole thing back together again.
Change the front turn signal bulb of your Hyundai Tucson through the wheel arch:
This tactic is particularly valuable when you don’t have enough space in the bonnet to access the front turn signal on your car:
Change the front turn signal bulb of your Hyundai Tucson through the bumper:
On some years or finishes, based on the options the only simple access you will have to swap the front turn signal bulb of your car will be to pass under your front bumper, there are only a few steps that change from the full process, we will describe them right now:
To discover more tips on the Hyundai Tucson, take a look at the Hyundai Tucson category.