Regardless for your personal security, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, being sure your turn signal bulbs are always functional is extremely important. Indeed, bulbs are wearing parts that will predictably burn out after a while and therefore need to be changed. You’re perhaps on this site because one of your front turn signals is burnt out and you’re questioning how to change the bulb of a front turn signal on your Hyundai Sonata, we’ve written this document to help you do it all on your own and not have to go to your auto mechanic. In a first step, we will examine controling a burnt-out front turn signal bulb on your Hyundai Sonata and in a second step, how to change the front turn signal bulb on your car..
How to know if the front turn signal bulb on your Hyundai Sonata is burnt out or needs to be replaced?
When you drive your motor vehicle you don’t constantly have the opportunity to check all the security components of your Hyundai Sonata. Indeed, you are frequently in a rush and tend to enter into your motor vehicle, make your trip and put it down immediately without taking the time to do an regular check-up. It is as a result fundamental to take the time to occasionally check the condition of your headlights and turn signals. It’s quite possible that you have a front turn signal on your Hyundai Sonata, but that you didn’t become aware of it. Here are the two simple options to control if a front turn signal is burnt out or if you need to replace it rather quickly:
- When you stop, turn on the ignition on your car, then alternately turn on your left and right front turn signals and get out of the car to control that they are operational.
- By hearing to the sound of your blinkers. Indeed, there is an audible indication on each car that signals you of a front turn indicator bulb burnt out on your Hyundai Sonata, you will perceive that the time between each “click” is much shorter, this denotes that you will have to change the front turn signal bulb or before. It’s up to you to check and examine which one is burnt out by a visual control as on the first procedure shown earlier mentioned.
You may have another bulb to replace, like the one of your low beam or your position lights, don’t be reluctant to browse our content articles to help you to conduct this substitution.
Replacing the front turn signal bulb on your Hyundai Sonata
Now let’s go to the most significant step of this document, how to replace the front turn signal bulb of your Hyundai Sonata? Please be aware that this task is really easy, you will have to access, from the inside of your bonnet, through the wheel arch, or simply by your bumper to your headlight unit, open it and replace the burnt out front turn signal bulb of your Hyundai Sonata. If it is a bulb on your rear turn signal, see our dedicated document. On the other hand, here are the details of the guidelines to follow in order to execute this act correctly dependant on the technique you wish to choose.
Change front turn signal bulb on your Hyundai Sonata through the bonnet:
- Open your bonnet and clear access to your headlight pods.
- Use a torx tip to open the headlight unit on your car
- Unscrew the front turn signal bulb from your car by turning it a quarter turn counterclockwise
- Replace the front flasher bulb of your Hyundai Sonata by the new one (make sure to check if it’s an orange or transparent bulb).
- Reassemble and check that the brand-new front turn signal bulb operates.
- Lift your car, and take out the front wheel on the side you want to work on.
- Take out your wheel arch with a torx bit.
- Go to your headlamp block and replace the front turn signal bulb on your car following the same procedures as on the part previously seen.
- Put your Hyundai Sonata on a jack or a candle.
- Remove the screws of the motor shoe of your car(plastic part under your motor) and your shock absorber. Be careful with the plastic staples which can be fragile.
- Remove your headlight block and replace the front turn indicator bulb of your Hyundai Sonata following the steps seen in the parts seen earlier.
- Put the whole thing back together again.
Change the front turn signal bulb of your Hyundai Sonata through the wheel arch:
This technique is specifically valuable when you don’t have enough space in the hood to access the front turn signal on your car:
Replace the front turn signal bulb of your Hyundai Sonata through the bumper:
On some years or finishes, based on the options the only simple access you will have to replace the front turn signal bulb of your car will be to pass under your front bumper, there are only a few steps that change from the full process, we will describe them right now:
If you wish more tutorials on the Hyundai Sonata, go to our Hyundai Sonata category.