Regardless for your own security, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, by ensuring your turn signal bulbs are always functional is extremely important. In reality, bulbs are wearing parts that will undoubtedly burn out with time and consequently need to be replaced. You’re perhaps in this article because one of your front turn signals is burnt out and you’re wondering how to change the bulb of a front turn signal on your Hyundai Santa Fe, we’ve written and published this document to help you do it on your own and not have to go to your auto technician. In a first step, we will take a look at controling a burnt-out front turn signal bulb on your Hyundai Santa Fe and in a second step, how to change the front turn signal bulb on your car..
How to know if the front turn signal bulb on your Hyundai Santa Fe is burnt out or needs to be replaced?
When you drive your car you don’t constantly have the possibility to verify all the security equipments of your Hyundai Santa Fe. In reality, you are in general in a hurry and tend to get into your car, make your trip and put it down right away without taking the time to do an unexpected check-up. It is consequently crucial to take the time to in some cases verify the state of your headlights and turn signals. It’s quite possible that you have a front turn signal on your Hyundai Santa Fe, but that you didn’t become aware of it. Here are the two simple methods to check if a front turn signal is burnt out or if you need to swap it promptly:
- When you stop, turn on the ignition on your car, then alternately turn on your left and right front turn signals and get out of the car to check that they are operational.
- By hearing to the sound of your blinkers. In reality, there is an audible sign on each car that informs you of a front turn indicator bulb burnt out on your Hyundai Santa Fe, you will identify that the time between each “click” is much closer, this means that you will have to swap the front turn signal bulb or before. It’s up to you to verify and verify which one is burnt out by a visual check as on the first process shown above.
You may have another bulb to swap, like the one of your low beam or your position lights, don’t be reluctant to read our articles to help you to conduct this replacing.
Changing the front turn signal bulb on your Hyundai Santa Fe
Now let’s go to the main step of this document, how to change the front turn signal bulb of your Hyundai Santa Fe? Please be aware that this technique is quite simple, you will require to access, from the inside of your bonnet, through the wheel arch, or simply by your bumper to your headlight unit, open it and change the burnt out front turn signal bulb of your Hyundai Santa Fe. If it is a bulb on your rear turn signal, see our special document. Nevertheless, here are the details of the actions to stick to in order to carry out this action properly according to the method you desire to adopt.
Change front turn signal bulb on your Hyundai Santa Fe through the bonnet:
- Open your bonnet and clear access to your headlight pods.
- Use a torx tip to open the headlight unit on your car
- Unscrew the front turn signal bulb from your car by turning it a quarter turn counterclockwise
- Replace the front flasher bulb of your Hyundai Santa Fe by the new one (make certain to verify if it’s an orange or transparent bulb).
- Reassemble and check that the new front turn signal bulb operates.
- Lift your car, and take away the front wheel on the side you want to work on.
- Take out your wheel arch with a torx bit.
- Go to your headlamp block and swap the front turn signal bulb on your car following the same procedures as on the part previously seen.
- Put your Hyundai Santa Fe on a jack or a candle.
- Remove the screws of the motor shoe of your car(plastic part under your motor) and your shock absorber. Be cautious with the plastic staples which can be fragile.
- Remove your headlight block and swap the front turn indicator bulb of your Hyundai Santa Fe following the steps seen in the parts seen earlier.
- Put the whole thing back together again.
Change the front turn signal bulb of your Hyundai Santa Fe through the wheel arch:
This technique is in particular effective when you don’t have enough space in the hood to access the front turn signal on your car:
Replace the front turn signal bulb of your Hyundai Santa Fe through the bumper:
On some years or finishes, depending on the options the only simple access you will have to swap the front turn signal bulb of your car will be to pass under your front bumper, there are only a few steps that change from the full technique, we will describe them now:
To get more tips on the Hyundai Santa Fe, take a look at the Hyundai Santa Fe category.