Regardless for your own safety, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, by ensuring your turn signal bulbs are always functional is important. In reality, bulbs are wearing parts that will definitely burn out in the future and consequently need to be swapped out. You’re most certainly on this site because one of your front turn signals is burnt out and you’re wondering how to change the bulb of a front turn signal on your hyundai i30, we’ve written this article to help you do it without hiring somebody and not have to go to your repair shop. In a first step, we will look at controling a burnt-out front turn signal bulb on your hyundai i30 and in a second step, how to change the front turn signal bulb on your car..
How to recognize if the front turn signal bulb on your hyundai i30 is burnt out or needs to be swapped out?
When you drive your vehicle you don’t constantly have the possibility to check all the safety equipments of your hyundai i30. In reality, you are often times in a hurry and tend to get into your vehicle, make your trip and put it down instantly without taking the time to do an periodic check-up. It is consequently fundamental to take the time to in some cases check the condition of your headlights and turn signals. It’s quite possible that you have a front turn signal on your hyundai i30, but that you didn’t realize it. Here are the two simple methods to verify if a front turn signal is burnt out or if you need to change it promptly:
- When you stop, turn on the ignition on your car, then alternately turn on your left and right front turn signals and get out of the car to verify that they are functioning.
- By listening to the sound of your blinkers. In reality, there is an audible sign on each car that warns you of a front turn indicator bulb burnt out on your hyundai i30, you will notice that the time between each “click” is much shorter, this denotes that you will have to change the front turn signal bulb or before. It’s up to you to check and check which one is burnt out by a visual verify as on the first solution shown earlier mentioned.
You may have another bulb to change, like the one of your low beam or your position lights, don’t hesitate to consult our content articles to help you to perform this replacement.
Changing the front turn signal bulb on your hyundai i30
Now let’s go to the main step of this article, how to change the front turn signal bulb of your hyundai i30? Please note that this process is very simple, you will have to access, from the inside of your bonnet, through the wheel arch, or through your bumper to your headlight unit, open it and change the burnt out front turn signal bulb of your hyundai i30. If it is a bulb on your rear turn signal, see our special article. On the other hand, here are the details of the guidelines to stick to in order to conduct this action properly depending on the strategy you wish to adopt.
Replace front turn signal bulb on your hyundai i30 through the bonnet:
- Open your bonnet and clear access to your headlight pods.
- Use a torx tip to open the headlight unit on your car
- Unscrew the front turn signal bulb from your car by turning it a quarter turn counterclockwise
- Replace the front flasher bulb of your hyundai i30 by the new one (be sure to check if it’s an orange or transparent bulb).
- Reassemble and test that the brand-new front turn signal bulb works.
- Lift your car, and remove the front wheel on the side you want to work on.
- Take out your wheel arch with a torx bit.
- Go to your headlamp block and change the front turn signal bulb on your car following the same simple steps as on the part previously seen.
- Put your hyundai i30 on a jack or a candle.
- Remove the screws of the motor shoe of your car(plastic part under your motor) and your shock absorber. Be mindful with the plastic staples which can be fragile.
- Take away your headlight block and change the front turn indicator bulb of your hyundai i30 following the steps seen in the parts seen above.
- Put the whole thing back together again.
Replace the front turn signal bulb of your hyundai i30 through the wheel arch:
This methodology is specifically valuable when you don’t have enough space in the bonnet to access the front turn signal on your car:
Change the front turn signal bulb of your hyundai i30 through the bumper:
On some years or finishes, according to the options the only simple access you will have to change the front turn signal bulb of your car will be to pass under your front bumper, there are only a few steps that change from the full process, we will point them now:
To discover more tips on the hyundai i30, take a look at the hyundai i30 category.