Regardless whether for your own safety, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, ensuring your turn signal bulbs are always operational is extremely important. In fact, bulbs are wearing parts that will surely burn out as time passes and as a consequence need to be swapped out. You’re perhaps on this site because one of your front turn signals is burnt out and you’re wondering how to change the bulb of a front turn signal on your Hyundai Genesis, we’ve written and published this document to help you do it without hiring somebody and not have to go to your repair shop. In a first step, we will take a look at the checking a burnt-out front turn signal bulb on your Hyundai Genesis and in a second step, how to change the front turn signal bulb on your car..
How to discover if the front turn signal bulb on your Hyundai Genesis is burnt out or needs to be replaced?
When you drive your car you don’t constantly have the possibility to examine all the safety features of your Hyundai Genesis. In fact, you are in general in a rush and tend to enter into your car, make your trip and put it down immediately without taking the time to do an periodic check-up. It is consequently crucial to take the time to in some cases examine the state of your headlights and turn signals. It’s quite possible that you have a front turn signal on your Hyundai Genesis, but that you didn’t become aware of it. Here are the two simple solutions to control if a front turn signal is burnt out or if you need to replace it quickly:
- When you stop, turn on the ignition on your car, then alternately turn on your left and right front turn signals and get out of the car to control that they are functioning.
- By hearing to the sound of your blinkers. In fact, there is an audible indication on each car that warns you of a front turn indicator bulb burnt out on your Hyundai Genesis, you will find out that the time between each “click” is much closer, this means that you will have to replace the front turn signal bulb or before. It’s up to you to examine and check which one is burnt out by a visual control as on the first methodology shown previously.
You may have another bulb to replace, like the one of your low beam or your position lights, don’t be reluctant to consult our articles to help you to achieve this replacing.
Changing the front turn signal bulb on your Hyundai Genesis
Now let’s go to the main step of this document, how to replace the front turn signal bulb of your Hyundai Genesis? Take note that this process is fairly simple, you will have to access, from the inside of your bonnet, through the wheel arch, or simply by your bumper to your headlight unit, open it and replace the burnt out front turn signal bulb of your Hyundai Genesis. If it is a bulb on your rear turn signal, see our special document. On the other hand, here are the details of the simple steps to stick to in order to carry out this action accurately dependant on the solution you desire to adopt.
Change front turn signal bulb on your Hyundai Genesis through the bonnet:
- Open your bonnet and clear access to your headlight pods.
- Use a torx tip to open the headlight unit on your car
- Unscrew the front turn signal bulb from your car by turning it a quarter turn counterclockwise
- Replace the front flasher bulb of your Hyundai Genesis by the new one (make sure to examine if it’s an orange or transparent bulb).
- Reassemble and test that the new front turn signal bulb works.
- Lift your car, and take away the front wheel on the side you want to operate on.
- Take out your wheel arch with a torx bit.
- Go to your headlamp block and replace the front turn signal bulb on your car following the same basic steps as on the part previously seen.
- Put your Hyundai Genesis on a jack or a candle.
- Remove the screws of the motor shoe of your car(plastic part under your motor) and your shock absorber. Beware with the plastic staples which can be fragile.
- Take out your headlight block and replace the front turn indicator bulb of your Hyundai Genesis following the steps seen in the parts seen previously.
- Put the whole thing back together again.
Change the front turn signal bulb of your Hyundai Genesis through the wheel arch:
This process is specifically useful when you don’t have enough space in the hood to access the front turn signal on your car:
Replace the front turn signal bulb of your Hyundai Genesis through the bumper:
On some years or finishes, depending on the options the only simple access you will have to replace the front turn signal bulb of your car will be to pass under your front bumper, there are only a few steps that change from the full process, we will describe them right now:
To get more tips on the Hyundai Genesis, take a look at the Hyundai Genesis category.