It doesn’t matter if for your own safety, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, ensuring your turn signal bulbs are always functional is important. Indeed, bulbs are wearing parts that will predictably burn out after a while and as a consequence need to be replaced. You’re quite likely on this site because one of your front turn signals is burnt out and you’re wondering how to change the bulb of a front turn signal on your Honda Element, we’ve written and published this document to help you do it alone and not have to go to your technician. In a first step, we will have a look at the checking a burnt-out front turn signal bulb on your Honda Element and in a second step, how to change the front turn signal bulb on your car..
How to discover if the front turn signal bulb on your Honda Element is burnt out or needs to be changed?
When you drive your motor vehicle you don’t constantly have the opportunity to check all the safety equipments of your Honda Element. Indeed, you are in many cases in a rush and tend to get into your motor vehicle, make your trip and put it down instantly without taking the time to do an periodic check-up. It is therefore crucial to take the time to in some cases check the condition of your headlights and turn signals. It’s quite possible that you have a front turn signal on your Honda Element, but that you didn’t notice it. Here are the two simple methods to examine if a front turn signal is burnt out or if you need to replace it promptly:
- When you stop, turn on the ignition on your car, then alternately turn on your left and right front turn signals and get out of the car to examine that they are functional.
- By hearing to the sound of your blinkers. Indeed, there is an audible sign on each car that informs you of a front turn indicator bulb burnt out on your Honda Element, you will notice that the time between each “click” is much shorter, this denotes that you will have to replace the front turn signal bulb or before. It’s up to you to check and verify which one is burnt out by a visual examine as on the first process shown previously.
You may have an additional bulb to replace, like the one of your low beam or your position lights, don’t hesitate to consult our articles to help you to conduct this replacement.
Changing the front turn signal bulb on your Honda Element
Now let’s go to the most important step of this document, how to replace the front turn signal bulb of your Honda Element? Please note that this task is really easy, you will have to access, from the inside of your bonnet, through the wheel arch, or through your bumper to your headlight unit, open it and replace the burnt out front turn signal bulb of your Honda Element. If it is a bulb on your rear turn signal, see our specific document. Nevertheless, here are the details of the simple steps to follow in order to conduct this act efficiently according to the approach you want to adopt.
Change front turn signal bulb on your Honda Element through the bonnet:
- Open your bonnet and clear access to your headlight pods.
- Use a torx tip to open the headlight unit on your car
- Unscrew the front turn signal bulb from your car by turning it a quarter turn counterclockwise
- Replace the front flasher bulb of your Honda Element by the new one (make sure to check if it’s an orange or transparent bulb).
- Reassemble and test that the brand-new front turn signal bulb works.
- Lift your car, and take away the front wheel on the side you want to work on.
- Take out your wheel arch with a torx bit.
- Go to your headlamp block and replace the front turn signal bulb on your car following the same guidelines as on the part previously seen.
- Put your Honda Element on a jack or a candle.
- Remove the screws of the motor shoe of your car(plastic part under your motor) and your shock absorber. Be cautious with the plastic staples which can be vulnerable.
- Take out your headlight block and replace the front turn indicator bulb of your Honda Element following the steps seen in the parts seen earlier.
- Put the whole thing back together again.
Change the front turn signal bulb of your Honda Element through the wheel arch:
This methodology is specifically useful when you don’t have enough space in the hood to access the front turn signal on your car:
Replace the front turn signal bulb of your Honda Element through the bumper:
On some years or finishes, depending on the options the only simple access you will have to replace the front turn signal bulb of your car will be to pass under your front bumper, there are only a few steps that change from the full procedure, we will explain them now:
To find more tips on the Honda Element, take a look at the Honda Element category.