Whether for your personal security, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, ensuring that your turn signal bulbs are always functional is extremely important. Indeed, bulbs are wearing parts that will surely burn out with time and consequently need to be changed. You’re most certainly on this site because one of your front turn signals is burnt out and you’re wondering how to change the bulb of a front turn signal on your GMC Canyon, we’ve created this content to help you do it on your own and not have to go to your auto mechanic. In a first section, we will have a look at the checking a burnt-out front turn signal bulb on your GMC Canyon and in a second section, how to change the front turn signal bulb on your car..
How to find out if the front turn signal bulb on your GMC Canyon is burnt out or needs to be changed?
When you drive your automobile you don’t constantly have the opportunity to check all the security features of your GMC Canyon. Indeed, you are mostly in a hurry and tend to enter into your automobile, make your journey and put it down instantly without taking the time to do an periodic check-up. It is as a consequence relevant to take the time to sometimes check the state of your headlights and turn signals. It’s quite possible that you have a front turn signal on your GMC Canyon, but that you didn’t detect it. Here are the two simple solutions to check if a front turn signal is burnt out or if you need to replace it quickly:
- When you stop, turn on the ignition on your car, then alternately turn on your left and right front turn signals and get out of the car to check that they are working.
- By listening to the sound of your blinkers. Indeed, there is an audible indication on each car that warns you of a front turn indicator bulb burnt out on your GMC Canyon, you will recognise that the time between each “click” is much closer, this suggests that you will have to replace the front turn signal bulb or before. It’s up to you to check and check out which one is burnt out by a visual check as on the first process shown previously.
You may have another bulb to replace, like the one of your low beam or your position lights, don’t hesitate to browse our content articles to help you to do this replacing.
Replacing the front turn signal bulb on your GMC Canyon
Now let’s go to the main section of this content, how to replace the front turn signal bulb of your GMC Canyon? You should be aware that this operation is very simple, you will require to access, from the inside of your bonnet, through the wheel arch, or through your bumper to your headlight unit, open it and replace the burnt out front turn signal bulb of your GMC Canyon. If it is a bulb on your rear turn signal, see our dedicated content. However, here are the details of the simple steps to follow to be able to execute this action properly depending on the method you desire to choose.
Change front turn signal bulb on your GMC Canyon through the bonnet:
- Open your bonnet and clear access to your headlight pods.
- Use a torx tip to open the headlight unit on your car
- Unscrew the front turn signal bulb from your car by turning it a quarter turn counterclockwise
- Replace the front flasher bulb of your GMC Canyon by the new one (be sure to check if it’s an orange or transparent bulb).
- Reassemble and check that the brand-new front turn signal bulb works.
- Lift your car, and remove the front wheel on the side you want to work on.
- Take out your wheel arch with a torx bit.
- Go to your headlamp block and replace the front turn signal bulb on your car following the same simple steps as on the part previously seen.
- Put your GMC Canyon on a jack or a candle.
- Remove the screws of the motor shoe of your car(plastic part under your motor) and your shock absorber. Be cautious with the plastic staples which can be delicate.
- Take out your headlight block and replace the front turn indicator bulb of your GMC Canyon following the steps seen in the parts seen earlier.
- Put the whole thing back together again.
Change the front turn signal bulb of your GMC Canyon through the wheel arch:
This solution is extremely effective when you don’t have enough space in the bonnet to access the front turn signal on your car:
Replace the front turn signal bulb of your GMC Canyon through the bumper:
On some years or finishes, dependant on the options the only simple access you will have to replace the front turn signal bulb of your car will be to pass under your front bumper, there are only a few steps that change from the full procedure, we will describe them now:
To get more tips on the GMC Canyon, take a look at the GMC Canyon category.