Regardless for your personal safety, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, making sure your turn signal bulbs are always operational is extremely important. Indeed, bulbs are wearing parts that will inevitably burn out after a while and as a result need to be changed. You’re perhaps on this site because one of your front turn signals is burnt out and you’re wondering how to change the bulb of a front turn signal on your GMC Acadia, we’ve created this content to help you do it all on your own and not have to go to your mechanic. In a first part, we will look at the checking a burnt-out front turn signal bulb on your GMC Acadia and in a second part, how to change the front turn signal bulb on your car..
How to discover if the front turn signal bulb on your GMC Acadia is burnt out or needs to be replaced?
When you drive your motor vehicle you don’t always have the opportunity to check all the safety equipments of your GMC Acadia. Indeed, you are often times in a hurry and tend to get into your motor vehicle, make your trip and put it down instantly without taking the time to do an periodic check-up. It is consequently fundamental to take the time to in some cases check the state of your headlights and turn signals. It’s quite possible that you have a front turn signal on your GMC Acadia, but that you didn’t notice it. Here are the two simple techniques to check if a front turn signal is burnt out or if you need to change it rather quickly:
- When you stop, turn on the ignition on your car, then alternately turn on your left and right front turn signals and get out of the car to check that they are working.
- By listening to the sound of your blinkers. Indeed, there is an audible indication on each car that alerts you of a front turn indicator bulb burnt out on your GMC Acadia, you will notice that the time between each “click” is much shorter, this means that you will have to replace the front turn signal bulb or before. It’s up to you to check and verify which one is burnt out by a visual check as on the first technique shown previously.
You may have another bulb to change, like the one of your low beam or your position lights, don’t hesitate to consult our articles to help you to accomplish this substitution.
Replacing the front turn signal bulb on your GMC Acadia
Now let’s go to the most significant part of this content, how to replace the front turn signal bulb of your GMC Acadia? Please note that this technique is very simple, you will need to access, from the inside of your bonnet, through the wheel arch, or through your bumper to your headlight unit, open it and replace the burnt out front turn signal bulb of your GMC Acadia. If it is a bulb on your rear turn signal, see our special content. Nevertheless, here are the details of the steps to follow in order to conduct this action properly according to the strategy you wish to adopt.
Change front turn signal bulb on your GMC Acadia through the bonnet:
- Open your bonnet and clear access to your headlight pods.
- Use a torx tip to open the headlight unit on your car
- Unscrew the front turn signal bulb from your car by turning it a quarter turn counterclockwise
- Replace the front flasher bulb of your GMC Acadia by the new one (make sure to check if it’s an orange or transparent bulb).
- Reassemble and test that the brand-new front turn signal bulb works.
- Lift your car, and remove the front wheel on the side you want to work on.
- Take out your wheel arch with a torx bit.
- Go to your headlamp block and change the front turn signal bulb on your car following the same basic steps as on the part previously seen.
- Put your GMC Acadia on a jack or a candle.
- Remove the screws of the motor shoe of your car(plastic part under your motor) and your shock absorber. Be careful with the plastic staples which can be vulnerable.
- Take out your headlight block and change the front turn indicator bulb of your GMC Acadia following the steps seen in the parts seen previously.
- Put the whole thing back together again.
Change the front turn signal bulb of your GMC Acadia through the wheel arch:
This methodology is specifically practical when you don’t have enough space in the hood to access the front turn signal on your car:
Change the front turn signal bulb of your GMC Acadia through the bumper:
On some years or finishes, according to the options the only simple access you will have to change the front turn signal bulb of your car will be to pass under your front bumper, there are only a few steps that change from the full technique, we will explain them now:
If you have any additional questions about the GMC Acadia, do not hesitate to consult our GMC Acadia category.