Regardless for your own security, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, being sure your turn signal bulbs are always operational is extremely important. Indeed, bulbs are wearing parts that will definitely burn out as time passes and as a result need to be swapped out. You’re perhaps on the website because one of your front turn signals is burnt out and you’re wondering how to change the bulb of a front turn signal on your Ford Transit Connect, we’ve made this content to help you do it on your own and not have to go to your auto mechanic. In a first step, we will have a look at controling a burnt-out front turn signal bulb on your Ford Transit Connect and in a second step, how to change the front turn signal bulb on your car..
How to discover if the front turn signal bulb on your Ford Transit Connect is burnt out or needs to be replaced?
When you drive your motor vehicle you don’t constantly have the possibility to check all the security features of your Ford Transit Connect. Indeed, you are nearly always in a rush and tend to get into your motor vehicle, make your trip and put it down instantly without taking the time to do an regular check-up. It is as a result essential to take the time to in some cases check the condition of your headlights and turn signals. It’s quite possible that you have a front turn signal on your Ford Transit Connect, but that you didn’t notice it. Here are the two simple solutions to control if a front turn signal is burnt out or if you need to swap it fairly quickly:
- When you stop, turn on the ignition on your car, then alternately turn on your left and right front turn signals and get out of the car to control that they are functional.
- By hearing to the sound of your blinkers. Indeed, there is an audible indication on each car that signals you of a front turn indicator bulb burnt out on your Ford Transit Connect, you will recognize that the time between each “click” is much shorter, this means that you will have to change the front turn signal bulb or before. It’s up to you to check and check out which one is burnt out by a visual control as on the first solution shown previously.
You may have another bulb to swap, like the one of your low beam or your position lights, don’t hesitate to browse our content articles to help you to do this replacement.
Replacing the front turn signal bulb on your Ford Transit Connect
Now let’s go to the main step of this content, how to change the front turn signal bulb of your Ford Transit Connect? Please note that this task is uncomplicated, you will require to access, from the inside of your bonnet, through the wheel arch, or simply by your bumper to your headlight unit, open it and change the burnt out front turn signal bulb of your Ford Transit Connect. If it is a bulb on your rear turn signal, see our specific content. Nevertheless, here are the details of the steps to follow to be able to carry out this action properly dependant on the strategy you want to choose.
Replace front turn signal bulb on your Ford Transit Connect through the bonnet:
- Open your bonnet and clear access to your headlight pods.
- Use a torx tip to open the headlight unit on your car
- Unscrew the front turn signal bulb from your car by turning it a quarter turn counterclockwise
- Replace the front flasher bulb of your Ford Transit Connect by the new one (ensure to check if it’s an orange or transparent bulb).
- Reassemble and test that the brand-new front turn signal bulb is effective.
- Lift your car, and take out the front wheel on the side you want to work on.
- Take out your wheel arch with a torx bit.
- Go to your headlamp block and swap the front turn signal bulb on your car following the same guidelines as on the part previously seen.
- Put your Ford Transit Connect on a jack or a candle.
- Remove the screws of the motor shoe of your car(plastic part under your motor) and your shock absorber. Be mindful with the plastic staples which can be delicate.
- Remove your headlight block and swap the front turn indicator bulb of your Ford Transit Connect following the steps seen in the parts seen earlier.
- Put the whole thing back together again.
Replace the front turn signal bulb of your Ford Transit Connect through the wheel arch:
This procedure is especially practical when you don’t have enough space in the bonnet to access the front turn signal on your car:
Change the front turn signal bulb of your Ford Transit Connect through the bumper:
On some years or finishes, based on the options the only simple access you will have to swap the front turn signal bulb of your car will be to pass under your front bumper, there are only a few steps that change from the full procedure, we will explain them now:
If you wish more guides on the Ford Transit Connect, go to our Ford Transit Connect category.