Whether for your own safety, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, being certain your turn signal bulbs are always working is imperative. In fact, bulbs are wearing parts that will surely burn out after awhile and as a consequence need to be swapped out. You’re likely on the website because one of your front turn signals is burnt out and you’re questioning how to change the bulb of a front turn signal on your Ford Taurus, we’ve created this content to help you do it alone and not have to go to your technician. In a first section, we will have a look at controling a burnt-out front turn signal bulb on your Ford Taurus and in a second section, how to change the front turn signal bulb on your car..
How to recognise if the front turn signal bulb on your Ford Taurus is burnt out or needs to be changed?
When you drive your motor vehicle you don’t constantly have the possibility to check all the safety features of your Ford Taurus. In fact, you are frequently in a hurry and tend to enter into your motor vehicle, make your journey and put it down instantly without taking the time to do an periodic check-up. It is therefore essential to take the time to occasionally check the state of your headlights and turn signals. It’s quite possible that you have a front turn signal on your Ford Taurus, but that you didn’t realize it. Here are the two simple methods to check if a front turn signal is burnt out or if you need to replace it promptly:
- When you stop, turn on the ignition on your car, then alternately turn on your left and right front turn signals and get out of the car to check that they are functional.
- By listening to the sound of your blinkers. In fact, there is an audible sign on each car that signals you of a front turn indicator bulb burnt out on your Ford Taurus, you will identify that the time between each “click” is much closer, this means that you will have to swap the front turn signal bulb or before. It’s up to you to check and check out which one is burnt out by a visual check as on the first methodology shown above.
You may have another bulb to replace, like the one of your low beam or your position lights, don’t be reluctant to read our content articles to help you to conduct this substitution.
Replacing the front turn signal bulb on your Ford Taurus
Now let’s go to the most significant section of this content, how to change the front turn signal bulb of your Ford Taurus? Please note that this task is fairly simple, you will need to access, from the inside of your bonnet, through the wheel arch, or simply by your bumper to your headlight unit, open it and change the burnt out front turn signal bulb of your Ford Taurus. If it is a bulb on your rear turn signal, see our special content. On the other hand, here are the details of the guidelines to follow to be able to carry out this action accurately according to the technique you desire to choose.
Change front turn signal bulb on your Ford Taurus through the bonnet:
- Open your bonnet and clear access to your headlight pods.
- Use a torx tip to open the headlight unit on your car
- Unscrew the front turn signal bulb from your car by turning it a quarter turn counterclockwise
- Replace the front flasher bulb of your Ford Taurus by the new one (be sure to check if it’s an orange or transparent bulb).
- Reassemble and test that the brand-new front turn signal bulb is effective.
- Lift your car, and take off the front wheel on the side you want to work on.
- Take out your wheel arch with a torx bit.
- Go to your headlamp block and replace the front turn signal bulb on your car following the same simple steps as on the part previously seen.
- Put your Ford Taurus on a jack or a candle.
- Remove the screws of the motor shoe of your car(plastic part under your motor) and your shock absorber. Be careful with the plastic staples which can be vulnerable.
- Remove your headlight block and replace the front turn indicator bulb of your Ford Taurus following the steps seen in the parts seen earlier.
- Put the whole thing back together again.
Change the front turn signal bulb of your Ford Taurus through the wheel arch:
This approach is specifically useful when you don’t have enough space in the bonnet to access the front turn signal on your car:
Replace the front turn signal bulb of your Ford Taurus through the bumper:
On some years or finishes, based on the options the only simple access you will have to replace the front turn signal bulb of your car will be to pass under your front bumper, there are only a few steps that change from the full process, we will detail them now:
If you wish more tutorials on the Ford Taurus, go to our Ford Taurus category.