Regardless whether for your personal safety, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, by ensuring your turn signal bulbs are always functioning is very important. In fact, bulbs are wearing parts that will surely burn out as time passes and as a consequence need to be changed. You’re most certainly on this site because one of your front turn signals is burnt out and you’re wondering how to change the bulb of a front turn signal on your Ford Mustang, we’ve written this content page to help you do it without help and not have to go to your auto mechanic. In a first step, we will look at controling a burnt-out front turn signal bulb on your Ford Mustang and in a second step, how to change the front turn signal bulb on your car..
How to know if the front turn signal bulb on your Ford Mustang is burnt out or needs to be swapped out?
When you drive your car you don’t constantly have the possibility to examine all the safety features of your Ford Mustang. In fact, you are in general in a hurry and tend to enter into your car, make your trip and put it down instantly without taking the time to do an regular check-up. It is as a result relevant to take the time to once in a while examine the state of your headlights and turn signals. It’s quite possible that you have a front turn signal on your Ford Mustang, but that you didn’t notice it. Here are the two simple ways to verify if a front turn signal is burnt out or if you need to swap it rather quickly:
- When you stop, turn on the ignition on your car, then alternately turn on your left and right front turn signals and get out of the car to verify that they are operational.
- By listening to the sound of your blinkers. In fact, there is an audible indication on each car that warns you of a front turn indicator bulb burnt out on your Ford Mustang, you will identify that the time between each “click” is much shorter, this means that you will have to change the front turn signal bulb or before. It’s up to you to examine and check which one is burnt out by a visual verify as on the first technique shown previously.
You may have another bulb to swap, like the one of your low beam or your position lights, don’t hesitate to read our articles to help you to conduct this replacement.
Changing the front turn signal bulb on your Ford Mustang
Now let’s go to the most important step of this content page, how to replace the front turn signal bulb of your Ford Mustang? Please note that this technique is really easy, you will need to access, from the inside of your bonnet, through the wheel arch, or through your bumper to your headlight unit, open it and replace the burnt out front turn signal bulb of your Ford Mustang. If it is a bulb on your rear turn signal, see our dedicated content page. However, here are the details of the actions to follow to be able to carry out this act properly dependant on the technique you wish to adopt.
Change front turn signal bulb on your Ford Mustang through the bonnet:
- Open your bonnet and clear access to your headlight pods.
- Use a torx tip to open the headlight unit on your car
- Unscrew the front turn signal bulb from your car by turning it a quarter turn counterclockwise
- Replace the front flasher bulb of your Ford Mustang by the new one (make sure to examine if it’s an orange or transparent bulb).
- Reassemble and test that the new front turn signal bulb is effective.
- Lift your car, and take away the front wheel on the side you want to work on.
- Take out your wheel arch with a torx bit.
- Go to your headlamp block and swap the front turn signal bulb on your car following the same guidelines as on the part previously seen.
- Put your Ford Mustang on a jack or a candle.
- Remove the screws of the motor shoe of your car(plastic part under your motor) and your shock absorber. Be mindful with the plastic staples which can be breakable.
- Take out your headlight block and swap the front turn indicator bulb of your Ford Mustang following the steps seen in the parts seen above.
- Put the whole thing back together again.
Change the front turn signal bulb of your Ford Mustang through the wheel arch:
This procedure is especially useful when you don’t have enough space in the hood to access the front turn signal on your car:
Replace the front turn signal bulb of your Ford Mustang through the bumper:
On some years or finishes, depending on the options the only simple access you will have to swap the front turn signal bulb of your car will be to pass under your front bumper, there are only a few steps that change from the full technique, we will explain them now:
If you wish more tutorials on the Ford Mustang, go to our Ford Mustang category.