Regardless whether for your own safety, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, being certain your turn signal bulbs are always functioning is very important. In fact, bulbs are wearing parts that will inevitably burn out over the years and as a result need to be replaced. You’re quite likely on this site because one of your front turn signals is burnt out and you’re questioning how to change the bulb of a front turn signal on your Ford Expedition, we’ve written and published this content to help you do it alone and not have to go to your auto mechanic. In a first section, we will examine the checking a burnt-out front turn signal bulb on your Ford Expedition and in a second section, how to change the front turn signal bulb on your car..
How to recognize if the front turn signal bulb on your Ford Expedition is burnt out or needs to be changed?
When you drive your motor vehicle you don’t always have the possibility to examine all the safety equipments of your Ford Expedition. In fact, you are in many cases in a rush and tend to enter into your motor vehicle, make your journey and put it down right away without taking the time to do an periodic check-up. It is as a consequence essential to take the time to once in a while examine the state of your headlights and turn signals. It’s quite possible that you have a front turn signal on your Ford Expedition, but that you didn’t notice it. Here are the two simple solutions to control if a front turn signal is burnt out or if you need to swap it quickly:
- When you stop, turn on the ignition on your car, then alternately turn on your left and right front turn signals and get out of the car to control that they are functional.
- By listening to the sound of your blinkers. In fact, there is an audible indication on each car that alerts you of a front turn indicator bulb burnt out on your Ford Expedition, you will find out that the time between each “click” is much closer, this suggests that you will have to change the front turn signal bulb or before. It’s up to you to examine and check out which one is burnt out by a visual control as on the first process shown above.
You may have another bulb to swap, like the one of your low beam or your position lights, don’t hesitate to consult our articles to help you to conduct this replacing.
Changing the front turn signal bulb on your Ford Expedition
Now let’s go to the most important section of this content, how to replace the front turn signal bulb of your Ford Expedition? You should be aware that this procedure is uncomplicated, you will have to access, from the inside of your bonnet, through the wheel arch, or simply by your bumper to your headlight unit, open it and replace the burnt out front turn signal bulb of your Ford Expedition. If it is a bulb on your rear turn signal, see our specific content. However, here are the details of the actions to stick to to be able to perform this act efficiently dependant on the approach you desire to adopt.
Replace front turn signal bulb on your Ford Expedition through the bonnet:
- Open your bonnet and clear access to your headlight pods.
- Use a torx tip to open the headlight unit on your car
- Unscrew the front turn signal bulb from your car by turning it a quarter turn counterclockwise
- Replace the front flasher bulb of your Ford Expedition by the new one (make sure to examine if it’s an orange or transparent bulb).
- Reassemble and check that the brand-new front turn signal bulb is effective.
- Lift your car, and remove the front wheel on the side you want to work on.
- Take out your wheel arch with a torx bit.
- Go to your headlamp block and swap the front turn signal bulb on your car following the same simple steps as on the part previously seen.
- Put your Ford Expedition on a jack or a candle.
- Remove the screws of the motor shoe of your car(plastic part under your motor) and your shock absorber. Be mindful with the plastic staples which can be vulnerable.
- Take away your headlight block and swap the front turn indicator bulb of your Ford Expedition following the steps seen in the parts seen previously.
- Put the whole thing back together again.
Replace the front turn signal bulb of your Ford Expedition through the wheel arch:
This methodology is especially effective when you don’t have enough space in the bonnet to access the front turn signal on your car:
Replace the front turn signal bulb of your Ford Expedition through the bumper:
On some years or finishes, according to the options the only simple access you will have to swap the front turn signal bulb of your car will be to pass under your front bumper, there are only a few steps that change from the full technique, we will explain them now:
If you need more guides on the Ford Expedition, go to our Ford Expedition category.